- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup ice (about 6 - 8 cubes)
- 1/2 cup Elmhurst 1925 Oat Milk
- Optional toppings (extra banana slices, mini chocolate chips, rolled oats, etc.)
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on medium speed until the mixture is running smoothly and the banana and ice are broken up. Then increase the speed to high and continue to blend for another few seconds.
- Pour into a glass, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Frozen banana : A frozen banana is preferred for this recipe but not required. A room temperature banana will work just as well. The benefit of a frozen banana is a little added creaminess and it will make the smoothie cold. I recommend slicing up a banana into chunks and storing it in a zip lock bag in the freezer. It will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer so I'm known to always have one on hand.
Almond butter subs : If desired, you can substitute the almond butter for any nut butter like cashew, pecan, or peanut butter.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana protein smoothie, banana almond butter smoothie, vegan banana smoothie