For the Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
For the Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil with a mixer. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the bowl with the egg, about ⅓ of the flour mixture at a time, until no flour clumps remain.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and sprinkle some tapioca flour on top. Place the dough on top and sprinkle a little more tapioca flour on top of the dough.
- Roll dough out to about ½ inch in thickness. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased with oil. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Let cool before adding the ice cream.
- For the ice cream, pour the Elmhurst Vanilla Dairy-free Ice Cream Mix into an ice cream maker. Churn until soft and creamy. Fold in the cooled caramel sauce to incorporate.
- Spread the soft serve ice cream into an 8 x 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Use a rubber spatula to level off the top. Place in the freezer for at least an hour to firm up.
- Once firm, use a circular cookie cutter to cut circles out of the ice cream. Place the ice cream circles in between two cooled sugar cookies and enjoy!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake and Churn
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookie sandwich, sugar cookie ice cream, gluten-free sugar cookie, gluten-free ice cream sandwich