This Chickpea Brownie Batter is creamy, decadent, and full of healthy wholesome ingredients. It makes the perfect chocolatey treat and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes!
- 15oz can chickpeas
- 2 - 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, depending on sweetness desire
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup cacoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and remove the skins. Place in a high-powered food processor and blend until well mixed.
- While the food processor is running, add in the nut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Stop the food processor and add in the nut butter, blend again until well combined.
- Add in the cacao powder and mix until thick and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed (at least 1 minute).
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl and stir in the chocolate chunks and enjoy!
Peel the chickpeas : To remove the chickpea skins, pinch each bean in between your thumb and index finger until the film is removed. Alternatively, you can rub a handful of chickpeas in between a towel to remove the skins. This process takes some time but trust me, it's well worth it!
Nut butter : Any nut butter will work in this recipe. I recommend cashew butter as it has the lightest flavor and blends well with the chocolate flavor.
Storing : To store the edible brownie batter, transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to two weeks. Let the mixture soften slightly before digging in.
- Category: Chocolate
- Method: Food-processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Edible Brownie Batter, Edible Cookie Dough, Chickpea Brownies, Chickpea Cookie Dough