Bring Starbucks to home (and save some cash) with this copycat Starbucks iced oatmilk shaken espresso! A new take on their double shot iced shaken espresso, this drink perfectly pairs rich coffee with creamy oat milk and a hit of cinnamon and brown sugar. You need to add this drink to your coffee rotation pronto!
- 2 shots espresso, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oat milk, divided
- Prepare the espresso and set aside to cool down. You can place it in the fridge to cool faster - just don't forget about it!
- In a microwave safe glass, combine the water, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to mix. Microwave in 8 second intervals until the coconut sugar is dissolved. Stir in between. Set aide to cool down to room temperature for a few minutes.
- Fill a cocktail shaker or airtight mason jar with ice. Pour in the espresso followed by the coconut sugar mixture and vanilla. Place the lid on the jar or cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds. A layer of foam should begin to form at the top of the jar.
- Grab two glasses and fill with ice. Pour half of the espresso mixture into each glass. Top each glass with with half of the oat milk and enjoy!
Espresso alternatives : Cold brew or strong coffee will work as well! Just make sure it's room temperature and not too hot or it will melt the ice.
Coconut sugar substitutes : Yes, brown sugar is what is used in the Starbucks drink. I don't typically have brown sugar on hand so I used coconut sugar which was equally as good (if not better IMO). I don't recommend using maple syrup as the consistency isn't great for iced drinks.
Oat milk substitutes : If needed, swap the oat milk for another dairy-free milk like almond or hazelnut milk.
Keywords: copycat starbucks iced oatmilk shaken espresso, copycat starbucks, double shot iced shaken espresso