Say hello to brunch's new bff - maple cinnamon dairy-free french toast skillet! No soaking over-night, this skillet casserole can be made day of or prepped ahead of time. It's soft yet crispy with a delectable cinnamon strudel on top. Made with fluffy sprouted raisin wheat bread by Angelic Bakehouse for an elevated twist!
For the French Toast
- 1 loaf Raisin Wheat Angelic Bakehouse Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
For the Strudel
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Drizzle
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted (optional)
- Slice the bread into triangles but slicing a large X into the loaf. Scatter the bread piece in a 8-inch cast iron skillet. Prepare the egg mixture by whisking the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla together. Stir in the chopped pecans. Pour evenly over the bread slices, making sure each slice soaks up some of the mixture. You may need to move some pieces around with your hands. Set aside to soak while you prepare the strudel
- Make the strudel by melting coconut oil and mixing with the coconut sugar, almond flour, and cinnamon until small clumps form. Sprinkle over top of the bread pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Waiting to preheat the oven allows the skillet casserole to soak for a few more minutes. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the top layer of bread pieces are golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted coconut butter, if desired, and serve while warm!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free french toast casserole, french toast skillet casserole, day of french toast casserole, healthy french toast casserole