If you're a cookie cake fan, look no further. This gluten-free cookie cake has all characteristics of the classic cookie cake but is easily made at home! With a soft fudgy center and and creamy chocolate frosting pipped around the edges, it's the perfect treat for any occasion!
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup almond butter, creamy (sub. any nut butter)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (plus a few more to sprinkle on top, if desired)
- 1/2 batch Chocolate Ganache Frosting (found in the recipe card of this post - see notes below for alternative)
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and coconut sugar until creamy (the mixture should almost double in size). Add the vanilla, coconut oil, and almond butter and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Fold in the almond flour and baking soda with a rubber spatula until no flour clumps remain. Add the chocolate chips and continue to fold into the batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan**. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the batter into the sides of the pan. Add a few more chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake in oven for 20 - 22 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Remove the cookie cake from the spring form pan by first slipping a small knife around the sides to ensure the cake isn't stuck. Then release the "buckle" to release the cake from the pan.
- Prepare the Chocolate Ganache Frosting (or vegan buttercream, see notes section below). Transfer the icing into an icing bag fitted with a star-shaped tip. Pie stars along the edges of the cookie cake and dust with sprinkles if desired.
- Slice with a warm knife and enjoy! To store, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*NOTE : as an alternative, an easy vegan chocolate buttercream frosting can be made y beating together 1 stick vegan butter (softened), with 2 Tbsp cacao powder, 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 - 2 Tbsp dairy-free milk. Start by beating the softened butter until creamy. Then add the cacao powder, powdered sugar, 1/2 cups at a time, and 1 Tbsp dairy-free milk. Beat well. Continue adding the powdered sugar until you get a nice thick consistency. Transfer to a pipping bag and pipe a design on the cookie cake!
**NOTE : I recommend a springform pan if you have one. This makes it easy to remove the cookie cake from the pan once it's baked. However, this recipe will also with work an 8-inch or 9-inch regular pie pan as well. Simply let the cake cook all the way in the pan then slip a knife around the edges and cut into slices when ready to serve.
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free cookie cake, healthy cookie cake, paleo cookie cake, homemade cookie cake