Grab two spoons and dive into this heavenly mini brownie skillet cookie! This chocolaty treat is fudgy and rich and the the ideal night cap to a date night in. It's perfectly outfitted for two people and can be whipped up in under 30 minutes!
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Vegan vanilla ice cream, to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl, beat together the egg, egg yolk, and coconut sugar until creamy. The mixture should be sticky and have a peanut butter type color. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Add the almond flour, cacao powder, and baking powder to the bowl and fold into the batter. Be careful not to over-mix and only fold until no flour clumps remain. Then add the chocolate chips and fold a few times into the batter.
- Grease a 6 - 8-inch skillet with coconut oil and pour in the batter. Level it off by shaking the dish back and forth a few times. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the skillet. You can also check if it's done by sticking a toothpick into the center of the cookie. If it comes out clean, it's done. If there is still some batter on the toothpick, it needs a few more minutes to bake.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top if desired!
Skillet size : This recipe will work for a 6, 7, or 8-inch skillet. However, the baking time will vary depending on what size skillet is used. The baking time will increase if using a 6-inch skillet, and will be less if using an 8-inch skillet. I recommend just keeping an eye on it in the oven to make sure you don't over cook it.
Toppings : I personally believe a cookie skillet is incomplete without a scoop of ice cream. You can also top your cookie skillet with melted chocolate, chopped nuts, or fresh fruit.
Serving/Storing : This cookie skillet is best served warm out of the oven. However, you can reheat it later if desired. If you're planning on reheating it, skip the ice cream on top or spoon out individual portions of the cookie skillet into a separate bowl. The ice cream will not reheat well so it's important to leave that out. When you're ready to reheat, cover the skillet with some aluminum foil and bake it in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes at 300 F. The lower temperature will warm it up without baking it too much.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini cookie skillet, cast iron skillet cookie, mini pizookie