- 1 15-oz can chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (any nut butter will work - just make sure it's creamy-style)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Peel the skins off the the chickpeas by pinching each in between your thumb and pointer finger, separating the pea from the skin. Once all the skins have been removed, place the chickpeas in a food processor and blend. While the food processor is still running, pour in the almond milk and vanilla extract through the top nozzle of the processor. Blend for about a minute until well mixed.
- Remove the top from the processor and add the cashew butter, maple syrup, and sea salt. Blend again for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the batter to a large mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips. Enjoy straight from the bowl or store in an air-tight container. The cookie dough will keep for up to a week in the fridge. When ready to eat, give the mixture a few big swirls with a spoon and enjoy.
- Category: No Bake
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cookie dough, chickpea cookie dough, edible cookie dough