Fun and easy vegan french toast sticks that will take you right back to your childhood! They're thick and fluffy with a deliciously golden brown crust. This eggless french toast recipe can be made in under 30 minutes with just a few vegan friendly ingredients.
For the French Toast
- 1 1/2 cup Elmhurst 1925 Cashew Milk
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 pieces of thick sliced bread
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, to grease pan
- Maple syrup, to drizzle (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the Elmhurst 1925 Cashew Milk and flaxseed meal. Stir well. Add the vanilla, coconut sugar, and cinnamon to the bowl and stir again until well mixed.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil. While it's heating up, cut the bread into thick slices (into thirds or fourths). Dip each slice of bread into the mixture to coat. Allow the excess to drip off the bread slice. Immediately place the bread on the warm skillet, be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Allow the toast sticks to cook for 45 - 60 seconds before flipping over to cook for another 30 seconds. Be sure to grease the pan each time you add the toast to the pan.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix well. While the toast sticks are still warm, toss each, one by one, in the bowl to coat with the cinnamon mixture.
- Place each toast stick on a platter and drizzle with maple syrup if desired.