These treats are an elevated twist on the old time favorite rice krispie. If you're looking for something fun to bake that's crispy, gooey, with a splash of sprinkles, look no further! These handheld treats are made vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free so everyone can enjoy!
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the vegan marshmallows and stir until they have melted. Keep in mind, vegan marshmallows don't melt like traditional marshmallows. You will find they melt into a large blob. This is okay! Just keep stirring until each marshmallow is melted.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add the vanilla. Make sure to do this while the marshmallows are still warm.
- Add the brown rice cereal to the pot and fold into the melted marshmallows. Keep doing this until each piece of cereal is attached to the large ball of marshmallow.
- Mix the sprinkles into the rice krispies. To do this, sprinkle as you fold the rice krispie mixture on top of itself. This is important and prevents the sprinkles from congealing in one spot. Don't go overboard as you can always add some more on top.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and press the vegan rice krispie treat mixture into the pan. I like to use my hands to do this as the mixture will stick to a rubber spatula. If desired, sprinkle some additional sprinkles over top!
- Let it set in the fridge for about half an hour or out on the counter for an hour before slicing into squares.
Vegan butter substitutes : If needed, you can substitute the vegan butter for coconut oil.
Vegan marshmallow brands : I used Dandies vegan marshmallows and have also heard great things about Trader Joe's brand.
Rice cereal brands : Unfortunately Kellog's Rice Krispies are not vegan and the ingredient list is actually quite long. I used Nature's Path. One Degree Organics also has a great rice cereal along with Whole Foods' 365 Brown Rice Crisps cereal (not certified gluten-free).
Storing : To store these funfetti vegan rice krispie treats, slice them into squares and place them in an airtight container. They will keep for up to a week!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Square
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 1
Keywords: vegan rice krispie treats, vegan rice krispie, funfetti rice krispie treats