With crispy edges and a soft & chewy center, these gluten-free ginger snap cookies have it all. They're made with molasses, ginger, and a touch of coconut sugar and taste just like a traditional ginger snap! Each cookie is soft-baked and rolled in a cozy sugar mixture perfect for your holiday baking. Be sure to make it a big batch because these ginger snaps get even better with time!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond butter, creamy
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar (sub. coconut sugar to make paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and cloves; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the egg, coconut sugar, and almond butter together until creamy. Add the vanilla, coconut oil, and molasses and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture and mix until no flour clumps remain.
- Pour the cane sugar or coconut sugar into a shallow bowl. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop* to scoop the dough and roll it into balls in between your hands. Roll the ball in the bowl with the sugar to coat.
- Place the cookie dough ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes until the edges are dark brown and crispy. Let cool before enjoying! To store, place cooled cookies in an air-tight container and keep out on the counter for up to a week
*Note : to achieve optimal soft and chewiness, use a slightly larger cookie scoop than you typically use. This ensure an extra soft-baked ginger cookie!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free ginger snaps, gluten free ginger cookies, ginger molasses cookies