This decadent homemade hazelnut butter is made with just 4 ingredients and sure to be your new favorite spread! It's nutty and slightly sweet with classic rich chocolate flavors. If you're into nutella (aren't we all) you'll love this homemade nutella recipe!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts*
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar**
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spread the hazelnuts out on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the melted coconut oil over top and move the nuts around with a spoon to make sure each is coated in oil. Roast in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown (keep an eye on them around the 10 minute mark as they can burn easily).
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a food processor and blend until thin and creamy. This can take a few minutes. It's important to get the mixture to a thin consistency before moving onto the next step so keep blending until it's quite thin.
- Once blended, add the cacao powder, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Continue to blend until the powder and sugar are "dissolved" in the mixture.
- Transfer the hazelnut butter to a glass container and store in the fridge. It will thicken up in the fridge and will stay fresh for up 2 weeks.
*You can use pre-roasted hazelnuts if needed. However, you will need to skip the first step and will not need to use the coconut oil before blending them in the food processor.
**Feel free to use more or less coconut sugar as desired. I would not use more than a cup as it may effect the texture.
- Category: Spreads
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hazelnut butter, homemade nutella recipe, healthy chocolate spread, healthy homemade nutella