With a graham cracker-style crust, melted chocolate in the middle, and gooey marshmallows throughout, these s'mores bars need to be on your summer bucket list! These bars have a healthy twist on the classic childhood treat. They're made gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and dairy-free for the most epic s'mores yet!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (plus more to top if desired)
- 1 1/2 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla, coconut sugar, molasses, and almond milk until well incorporated and set aside.
- Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, nutmeg, sea salt, and baking soda. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the bowl with the coconut oil until no flour clumps remain.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough (reserve the other 1/3 to top) into the bottom of an 8 x 8 lined baking pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips on top followed by the marshmallows. Crumble the remaining dough on top of the marshmallows and sprinkle with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the dough on top begins to turn a golden brown. Turn the oven on to a high broil and bake for 1 - 2 minutes to really toast the marshmallows.
- Let cool then cut into squares and enjoy! If saving for later, store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Microwave in 20 second increments when ready to eat!
- Category: Bars
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Smoers Bars, Smores Recipe, Paleo Dessert, Vegan Dessert, Healthy Recipe, Gluten-free