Deliciously crispy and crunchy almond cinnamon granola made right at home! This granola is packed with healthy ingredients and makes the perfect breakfast or snack.
This granola is the perfect addition to a nice creamy bowl of yogurt, sprinkled over some pancakes, or eaten by the handful. It’s crunchy and nutrient dense with just a hint of natural sweetness. Major plus - it makes your home smell like heaven!
Is Granola Healthy?
Granola is a touchy subject these days, especially in the health & wellness world. It’s one of those things that someone somewhere made up with the intention of it being a healthy snack, and then another someone went and poured sugar all over it and now it’s like a dessert. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for dessert granola! However, sometimes I just want a nice nutritious crunch to my yogurt bowl. Is that too much to ask?!
So, in lieu of spending hours in the cereal aisle at the grocery store scouring over the back of each bag of granola to find one that fit my fancy (trust me I’ve done it), I decided why not just make my own? Turns out is was super easy, delicious, and extremely cost effective (winning all around)!
The Healthy Ingredients
- sprouted oats - have a little more fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and are easier to digest
- cinnamon - probably one of the most undervalued health foods today, loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and helps balance hormone levels
- almonds - a really delicious healthy fat full of omega-3 fatty acids and it also adds some protein to the mix
- chia seeds - more antioxidants and fiber!
- maple syrup - an all-natural sweetener to give it a little dose of sweetness to satisfy those cravings
Check out these other breakfast favorites:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!Print