This chocolate and peanut butter overnight oats recipe takes breakfast on the go to the next level. They're easy to make, come together in a single jar in under 10 minutes, and are gluten-free with vegan options. Topped with yogurt and extra peanut butter, they also have a healthy dose of protein!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, divided
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds, divided
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup Elmhurst 1925 Almond Milk, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- Yogurt to top (use dairy-free to make vegan)
- Optional toppings - cacao powder, chocolate shavings, chopped nuts
- In two separate bowls, combine the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, and Elmhurst 1925 Almond milk. Each bowl should have 3/4 cup oats, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, and 1/2 cup almond milk.Stir to combine.
- In one of the bowls, stir in the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Set aside. In the other bowl, stir in the cacao powder. Place each bowl in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, to chill.
- Once chilled, spoon a tablespoon of peanut butter into the bottom of two jars. Then add a layer of the chocolate oats followed by a layer of peanut butter oats. Top with dairy-free yogurt and garnish with cacao powder, chocolate shavings, and chopped nuts if desired.
Storing : One of the many great things about these peanut butter chocolate overnight oats is that they store really easily. Once you've added the layers to a jar, add the lid on top and they will keep fresh in the fridge for about a week!
Type of oats : Rolled oats are best for this recipe. Steel cut oats will not work unless they are cooked beforehand. This kind of takes the "simple and easy" our of the recipe so I don't recommend doing it. Although quick oats will technically work, I found that they don't soak up the liquid as well as rolled oats.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Soaking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter overnight oats, vegan overnight oats, overnight oats with yogurt