Say hello to your new favorite happy hour accomplice - mango habanero salsa! This easy recipe is made with spicy habanero peppers, juicy mango, and ripe avocados, this salsa is sweet yet hot, creamy yet tangy, and makes the perfect dip with a side of chips! Add some color to your dinner by pairing this fresh salsa with chicken or fish too.
- 3 - 6 small habanero peppers (depending on heat preference)
- 2 mangos
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1/4 red onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 limes (for juice)
- Wash and dry the habanero peppers. Remove the seeds and the rind from each of the peppers. Finely chop the pepper into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl (and wash your hands with soap!).
- Cut the mango by slicing off the “cheeks” of the fruit with a sharp knife. Make vertical and horizontal slices down the cheeks, making sure not to cut all the way through the skin. Turn the cheek inside out and scoop the mango cubes into the mixing bowl with a spoon.
- Chop the red pepper and red onion into small pieces, dice the avocado, and finely chop the cilantro leaves. Place all into the mixing bowl.
- Squeeze juice of the 2 limes over the bowl and stir with a large spoon to mix everything up and distribute the lime juice. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to chill and serve with your favorite chips!
Habanero tips : A little goes a long way. Start with 3 habanero peppers if you aren't sure how hot you want the salsa and use 6 if you're certain you like a fiery salsa. Also, please please please make sure to wash your hands after you've chopped up the peppers. Don't touch your eyes, your mouth, or your baby. Trust me on this!
Serving : You can also use this mango habanero salsa as a side dish at your next backyard BBQ or use it as a garnish and spoon it over some salmon or chicken too!
Storing : This salsa is best enjoyed fresh. However, if you have some left over, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The lime juice will help keep the avocados and mango fresh.
- Category: Savory
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: mango habanero salsa, mango salsa