If a perfect cookie ever existed, it's these oatmeal chocolate chip SunButter cookies! These bakery-style nut-free cookies have a soft and gooey middle with crispy edges and and chocolate and sea salt in every bite -it's the ultimate chocolate chip cookie made gluten-free and vegan! I'm willing to bet this is about to be your new favorite cookie recipe!
- 1 cup SunButter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking gluten-free oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (use a nut-free brand if needed)
- Flaky sea salt to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl, beat together the SunButter, coconut sugar, apple sauce, and vanilla until creamy.
- Fold in the oat flour, oats, and baking soda until no flour clumps remain.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and fold.
- Use a large cookie scoop to spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 9 -11 minutes until the edges turn a darker brown. Sprinkle with sea salt while the cookies are still hot. Let them set up for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sunbutter cookies, nut-free cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies