With a homemade basil pesto spread, easy shredded chicken, and melty dairy-free mozzarella cheese, these sliders are hand-held bites of heaven! They make the ultimate crowd-pleaser and are perfect for those laid back days. Best prepared with Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Grain Slider Buns.
For the pesto
- 2 cups basil (lightly packed)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
For the sliders
- 1 bag Angelic Bakehouse 7-grain Slider Buns
- 1 batch basil pesto (ingredients above)
- 2 chicken breasts (baked and shredded)
- 1 cup dairy-free mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sautéed in a skillet with olive oil for about 5 minutes to soften)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Place pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Keeping the slider buns attached, cut the Angelic Bakehouse buns in half so that you only remove the tops. Spread pesto over the bottom half of the buns (save a little to brush on top).
- Sprinkle the shredded chicken on top of the pesto followed by the mozzarella cheese and roasted tomatoes. Place the other half of the buns on top and brush on the remaining pesto.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American