Bring your favorite coffee house to your own kitchen with this homemade oat milk salted caramel latte! It's light and creamy and made dairy-free and nut-free. With an easy caramel sauce that comes together in under 30 minutes, this latte is sure to be a coffee lovers dream!
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp SunButter's Natural Sunflower Butter
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup oat milk
- sea salt, to garnish
- First, make the caramel by heating the coconut cream and maple syrup in a pot on the stove over medium-high heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly as it can boil over. The color will begin to turn a dark orange.
- Remove the pot from the stove and stir in the vanilla and sunflower butter. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. It still may be a tad thin but that's okay, it will thicken up a good bit after a few minutes. Set aside and while you prepare the rest of the latte.
- Spoon a teaspoon of caramel sauce into the bottom of a coffee mug. Froth the oat milk with a frother or heat it up on the stove. Pour the double shot of espresso into the mug followed by the frothed oat milk. Give the latte a little swirl with a spoon - make sure to grab the caramel sauce at the bottom.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over top of the latte and sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy! Store the extra caramel sauce in the fridge or use it for more lattes!
Coconut cream sub : Coconut cream is best for the caramel in this recipe. However, if you don't have coconut cream, use the thick top part of a can of full-fat coconut milk.
How to froth oat milk : To froth oat milk, use the steam wand on an espresso maker or use a hand-held milk frother. To use a hand-held frother, place the oat milk in a mug and move the wand of the milk frother up and down. Leave the tip of the wand just below the surface of the milk to whip air into the milk. This can take 2 - 3 minutes until you get a thick and creamy consistency.
Storing the caramel : This recipe will leave you with extra caramel sauce (yay!). Store the extra in an air-tight glass jar. Use it as a dip for fruit, on top of ice cream, or reserve it for more lattes!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Froth
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel latte, dairy-free latte, vegan latte