A healthy twist on the classic brownie recipe, these flourless paleo sweet potato brownies are so delicious and easy to make! They're fudgy with a rich chocolate flavor and made gluten-free! Even your kids will love them!
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 1 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (plus a little extra to top if desired)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. With a fork, poke a few holes in the skin of the sweet potato. Bake it in the oven for 45 minus - a hour until soft. Let cool to room temperature.
- Measure out 1 cup of the sweet potato and add it to a larg mixing bowl with the eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Beat with a hand or stand mixer until thick and creamy (this takes me about 2 minutes).
- Add the almond butter and coconut oil and continue to mix until well combined.
- Fold in the coconut flour and cacao powder with a rubber spatula until no flour clumps remain. Add the chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8 x 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper or greased with oil. "Drop" the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and level out the batter. Bake for 20 - 24 minutes until set. Press a toothpick into the center of the brownies to check if it's done.
- Let the brownies cool before dusting with extra cacao powder (optional) and slicing into squares.
Coconut flour substitute : the coconut flour can be easily substituted for oat flour or almond flour. Use gluten-free oat flour to keep these sweet potato brownies gluten-free.
Storing : because these brownies are not "traditional" in that they are baked with sweet potato, I recommend storing them in the fridge. This will help keep them moist and super fudgy! Slice them into squares and store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato brownies, paleo sweet potato brownies, health sweet potato brownies