Seven layer bars, magic bars, hello dollys, whatever you call this little treat, these bars are next level amazing! They're gooey and ooey with a thick toasted oat cookie base and filled with chocolate and coconut. With a few simple swaps, these 7 layer bars are made vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, mix together the oat flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until a sticky dough forms. You should be able to pick up clumps with your fingers.
- Press the oat mixture into an 8 X 8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Pack it in tight using the bottom of a measuring cup or the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over top followed by the dark chocolate chips.
- Next add the chopped pecans and then the shredded coconut. Finally pour the sweetened condensed coconut milk over top, making sure it's evenly dispersed.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 28 minutes until the coconut on top turns a golden brown and the edges begin to pull away from the sides. Let the pan cool to room temperature when done.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set (at least an hour). Once set, use a sharp knife to slice into 16 square bars and enjoy! Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: Bars
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan seven layer bars, gluten-free seven layer bars, magic cookie bars, oatmeal cookie bars