Deliciously sweet & nutty date balls wrapped around a salty dollop of homemade caramel smack-dab in the middle. These cute little energy bites make the ultimate on-the-go snack! They’re sweet yet salty and give off some serious chocolate covered turtle vibes.
The older I get, the more importance I put on quick and easy snacks. Bonus points if I can make a bunch and it lasts me through the week. I’m talking the type of snack I can just throw in my lunch bag and be out the door. No fuss or mess involved. That’s exactly what we have here! This recipe is a “one bowl” kinda recipe as we let the food processor do all the work for us. Each ball is chocolaty, fudgy, and the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Make a batch on Sunday and enjoy them all week long!
Even better, these bites are packed with nutritious ingredients. With a healthy dose of healthy fats, carbs, and protein, they’re perfect any time of day. Want to add an extra protein punch? Toss in a scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder (this one is one of my favorites). Besides, there’s no such thing as too much chocolate!
How to Assemble These Caramel Infused Energy Bites
These particular bites look a lot harder to make than they actually are. Putting it all together is quite easy once you get the process down. Here are some helpful tips:
- Prepare 2 round, disk like pieces of the date mixture before you even touch the caramel. This will give you more hands to assemble it in a little bit.
- Create a small indent in the middle of one of your pieces, this is where the caramel goes.
- A lot goes a long way when it comes to the caramel. Start with just a drizzle in the middle and then see how much it spreads out.
- Place the other piece of date mixture on top of the caramel and pinch all around the sides to seal in the caramel. This is probably the most important part.
- Once you’ve done that, gently roll the whole thing in between your hands to create a ball.
- Sprinkle with a little extra sea salt and boom! You’ve got yourself a super fancy date bite!