Deliciously comforting gluten-free turkey chili with roasted sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, and green chilies for a little added heat. Made with wholesome ingredients you probably already have on hand (no beans, but feel free to add those in if you wish!). This whole dish can be whipped up in under half an hour and is sure to warm ya right up!
Bean-free Turkey Chili
This gluten-free turkey chili is made with simple ingredients you can find practically anywhere. I left the beans out of this recipe because I really wanted to focus on minimal, clean ingredients. Not that beans aren’t amazing. I definitely love them every now and then. However, I don’t think they are a super necessity when it comes to chili. The star of the show is the meat + sauce. Plus, if you’re a bean fan, it’s really easy to just sneak them into the recipe without modifying a thing.
Why I love this Gluten-free Turkey Chili
- First, a warm bowl of chili on a brisk cold day is the. best. thing. ever.
- This turkey chili recipe only uses the cleanest ingredients, so feel free to go back for more.
- It’s a no-fuss recipe. The entire thing can be made in 1 - 2 skillets (depending on your mad cooking skills) and can be prepared in half an hour.
- The topping possibilities are truly endless. Think greek yogurt, jalapeños, shredded cheese, crushed chips, hot sauce, guacamole….see what I mean.
- Lastly, this turkey chili is EVEN better the next day. Did someone say meal prep?? Seriously though, you can whip up this recipe at the start of the week and enjoy it for lunch throughout the week. You’ll be surprised how it gets better and better every day.
How to make this turkey chili recipe
To make this gluten-free turkey chili, start with sautéing the sweet potatoes until soft. Then, brown the ground turkey with the diced onions until cooked. Next we make the sauce part of the dish. This starts with a can of diced tomatoes with chilies. THIS IS IMPORTANT. You can’t forget the ‘with chilies’ part. The chilies are what add that little added umph to the mix. You can find one of these cans in your soup aisle. Rotel makes an awesome can, Del Monte also makes it, and most store name brands have their own version! Then, add in a little tomato sauce for some richness and thickness and that’s literally it! Throw on some fun toppings like jalapeños, dairy-free cheese, fresh herbs, etc. and cozy on up with your warm bowl in hand!