Elevate your breakfast with these paleo chocolate chip muffins! They're soft and fluffy with a domed top and chocolate in every bite. Made gluten free and dairy free in just one bowl in less than 30 minutes!
This Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe is sponsored by King Arthur. As always, all thoughts are my own. Thank you so much for supporting brands that make The Fit Peach possible!
When it comes to breakfast muffins, I'm team chocolate every day. I'll take any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast.
These muffins are made with a paleo flour blend making them super easy to whip up in the morning!
Be sure to check out my gluten free blueberry muffins and my chocolate banana almond flour muffins!
Ingredients and notes
- Paleo flour - I used King Arthur's Measure for Measure Paleo Flour which is a combination of cassava, almond, and coconut flour. It's incredible easy to use and versatile and make paleo baking a breeze!
- Coconut sugar - To provide sweetness to the muffins. If needed, substitute with light brown sugar.
- Almond milk - Helps to keep the muffins nice and moist when baked. Any type of milk will work.
- Coconut oil - Provides some fat to the muffins so they aren't dry and crumbly. Substitute with avocado oil or melted butter if needed.
- Apple cider vinegar - Allows the muffins to rise and develop a nice dome on top. Because these muffins are gluten free, they don't rise as well on their own. The acidity from the vinegar reacts with the almond milk so the baking powder can provide a life. I promise, you won't taste it! Use lemon juice if needed.
Step by step directions
These muffins are so simple to make! You will need a mixing bowl or a stand mixer, a whisk, and a muffin tin.
Step 1 : Whisk the wet ingredients
First, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Continue to whisk until the coconut sugar is well dissolved.
Step 2 : Fold in the dry ingredients
Add the paleo flour and baking powder to the bowl and fold into the batter until no flour clumps remain. Then add the chocolate chips and incorporate into the batter.
Step 3 : Pour into muffin tin
Place muffin liners in a tin and use a cookie scoop or large spoon to fill each up almost all the way full. Because these are gluten free muffins, you don't have to worry too much about the batter overflowing in the oven as they only rise a bit.
Tap the tin on the counter a few times to level off the batter and bake in the oven until the tops of the muffins are golden and risen.
Serving and storing
If you want, sprinkle some sea salt over the muffins while warm. Allow the muffins to cool down slightly before removing. This makes it easier to take off the muffin liners.
To store extras, transfer the muffins to an airtight container. They will keep for up to 5 days out on the counter and a week in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, warm them up in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
Frequently asked questions
I recommend using 1 cup King Arthur's almond flour and 2 tablespoon King Arthur's coconut flour. Their Gluten free 1 : 1 flour will also work.
I do not recommend using an egg replacer in these muffins as the eggs are what help bind the ingredients together and provide a nice rise to the muffins.
I find mini chocolate chips to be best so there is chocolate in every bite! I like these dairy free mini chocolate chips.
Check out these other paleo treats:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cup King Arthur Paleo Measure for Measure Flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla until creamy. You can use a hand or stand mixer for this or a stiff whisk.
- Next add the King Arthur Paleo Measure for Measure Flour and baking powder to the bowl and fold until the flour is well incorporated - bt be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Then use a large cookie scoop to scoop the batter into a muffin tin with liners. Fill each liner almost to the top (because this is gluten free flour, it won’t rise as much so you can fill it more).
- Bake in the oven for 14 - 16 minutes until the tops of the muffins are risen and golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Leave a Reply