These greek yogurt blackberry popsicles are loaded with fresh juicy berries and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Made with just a few simple and natural ingredients, they pack a protein punch while keeping you refreshed. This fun and easy recipe is one even the kids will love!
Reasons these blackberry popsicles make the perfect summer time treat
- They're refreshing as all get out. The greek yogurt provides an irresistibly creamy texture that just doesn't get old.
- These popsicles are kid and adult friendly. Kids don't get to have all the fun! Adults will love snacking on these blackberry popsicles poolside on a hot summer day and they are a great way to get kids to enjoy a healthier snack.
- They are made with clean ingredients. You only need 5 simple ingredients to make these blackberry popsicles which means you have no excuse not to whip them up stat!
- You can customize them however you'd like. See below section for the various ways you can mix up these popsicles
How to customize
Switch up the fruit
If you're not a fan of blackberries or just have a craving for a specific fruit, any will work in these popsicles. Some options I think would be amazing are strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and even peach!
Pick your favorite yogurt
Although this recipe works best with a yogurt that has a bit of fat in it (at least 2%) you can use any kind you wish. We flavor the yogurt ourselves in this recipe with vanilla but you can also use a flavored yogurt too (just skip the vanilla).
Sweeten it to your liking
You can sweeten these greek yogurt popsicles to your sweetness level. Just add another tablespoon of maple syrup into your mixture, test it to make sure it's sweet enough for you, and add more if needed until you're satisfied.
The 5 ingredients you need to make fruity greek yogurt popsicles
- Greek yogurt (at least 2%)
- Almond milk
- Fresh blackberries
- Maple syrup
What if I Don't Have Popsicle Molds?
No popsicle molds, no problemo! These popsicles can also be made using a plastic solo cup. Simply pour the yogurt mixture into the plastic cups (either half way up for a full-size solo cup or ¾ of the way up for mini solo cups). Wrap tinfoil or cling wrap around the top of the cup and cut a slit in the middle to place your popsicle stick. Freeze and then easily pull to remove or cup open the plastic around the popsicle.
I used these popsicle molds and love them! They have an easy snap on lid to keep the stick in place and this package also comes with a big bag of popsicle sticks too!
Let's Make Blackberry Popsicles
Homemade popsicles are quite easy to make. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze! Here is how we make them:
- First, heat the freshly washed blackberries in a skillet over medium-low heat with a tablespoon of water. The heat will extract some of the juices from the berries and leave you with soft, juicy blackberries. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to cool while you prepare the yogurt.
- Mix together all ingredients except the berries in a large mixing bowl. Test the yogurt to make sure it is up to your sweetness level. If you want it a little more sweet, add a tablespoon more of maple syrup and test it again.
- Stir in the blackberries. Spoon the mixture into popsicle molds, place the lid on top, and place a popsicle stick in the middle. Freeze in the freezer for at least 4 hours until solid and enjoy!
Looking for more summertime treats? You'll love these!
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Refreshing Greek Yogurt Blackberry Popsicles
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt - at least 2% fat
- ½ cup almond milk - sub any nut milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup - sub honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat your freshly washed blackberries in a skillet over medium-low heat with 1 tablespoon water. The heat will soften the blackberries and extract some juices which is delicious in these popsicles. Heat just until soft then remove from heat and place in the fridge to cool while you prepare the yogurt mixture.2 cups fresh blackberries
- In a bowl, stir together the greek yogurt, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Taste test the yogurt to make sure it's sweet enough for you (if not, add another tablespoon maple syrup until it is sweet enough for you). Fold in the blackberries and juice.2 cups plain greek yogurt, ½ cup almond milk, 2 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spoon the mixture into popsicle molds*, place the lid on top, and insert the popsicle sticks. Freeze in freezer for at least 4 hours until solid and enjoy!