This grain-free granola has big clusters of nuts and seeds held together with nut butter and mashed bananas and has hunks of chocolate sprinkled throughout. It's packed with all things chunky monkey and makes the perfect breakfast or snack! Whip up a large batch and munch on it all week long, promise it won't last long!
This post is sponsored by Lily's Sweets. All thoughts are my own. Thank you so much for supporting brands that make The Fit Peach possible!
The Art of the Chunky Monkey
The chunky monkey has three main components that are non-negotiable:
I'll admit, I wasn't always a big chunky monkey fan. But, as I've grown older, I've developed a love for all things chocolatey, nutty, and banana-ey. For example, this Chocolate Chip Banana Sheet Cake I'm obsessed with has some serious chunky monkey vibes. And these Banana Bread Doughnuts are absolutely incredible.
Chunky Monkey Paleo Granola Ingredients
For this grain-free granola recipe, we go heavy on the nuts with a subtle hint of banana flavor and as much chocolate as you wish. Here is what you need:
3 nut varieties (I used cashews, pecans, and almonds)
Nut butter of choice
Lily's Sweets chocolate bar (any flavor!)
Stevia sweetened, Lily's Sweets' chocolate makes this recipe added sugar free! Their chocolate is also gluten-free and harvested in compliance with Fair Trade practices, making is one of the best chocolate companies on the block! Not to mention the variety of flavors they have to choose from - think Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Milk Chocolate, and Coconut Dark Chocolate. You can choose your favorite flavor to toss in this recipe!
Storing Grain-Free Granola
I love having fresh granola on hand to snack on at a moment's notice. I'll whip up a big batch at the start of the week and by Friday it will be gone. Store in an air-tight container for optimal freshness. It will keep for about a week out on the counter. If you care to keep it fresh for longer, store it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks! It makes a great ice cream or yogurt topping when it's chilled!
If you're a chunky monkey fanatic like me, you'll love these other banana recipes on the blog!
Chunky Monkey Paleo Granola
- 1 ½ cup pecans - chopped
- 1 ½ cup cashews - chopped
- 1 ½ cup almonds - chopped
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoon flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup cashew butter - any creamy nut butter will work
- 1 -2 Lily's Chocolate Bar - chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Chop the nuts with a sharp knife or use a food processor to pulse until they are broken up into small pieces
- 2. In a bowl, mix together the chopped nuts, coconut flakes, flax seeds, and sea salt; set aside. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and fold in the vanilla and cashew butter until well incorporated
- 3. Add the banana mixture to the bowl with the nuts and stir to coat. Small chunks should begin to form. Pour the granola onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir the granola, flipped the chunks over as best as you can, and bake for another 10 minutes
- 4. Let the granola cool for at least 20 minutes before adding in the chocolate. Enjoy immediately or transfer to an air-tight container. Granola will stay fresh for up to a week on the counter or 3 weeks in the fridge