We are dealing with a dozen of the most perfectly fluffy, deliciously healthy, mind-blowingly chocolatey banana muffins you’ve ever seen. Everyone, get pumped!
Things you won’t find in one of these muffins - refined sugar, added oils, weird preservatives.
Things you will find in one of these muffins - moistness, chocolate heaven, and love at first bite.
I have to give a major shoutout to bananas, nut butter, almond flour, and eggs for making this incredibleness possible.
Making these muffins is pretty straight forward. Mash a couple overripe bananas, mix in the wet ingredients, whisk dry ingredients combine the two mixtures, pour into a muffin tin, et voila, EXTRAORDINARY MUFFINS!
What’s not so straightforward are the toppings because the prospects are bountiful. But, have no fear, I’m here to help ya out. I’ve lined up some perfect pairings to go alongside one of these bad boy muffins.
How to Top your Muffin
- Greek yogurt - add a warm muffin to a little bowl of yogurt for some creamy dreaminess OR simply spoon a dollop of yogurt on top and dig right in
- More nut butter - is there such thing as too much nut butter? Well, yes but not in this case. Slather a little extra nut butter in the middle of a muffin, trust me it’s delicious
- Grass-fed butter - you only need a little bit of butter here but I highly recommend nestling a little in the middle of a muffin, heating it up a tad in the microwave, then slicing it in half for some serious muffin action
- Breakfast eggs - this healthy muffin pairs perfectly with some protein packed eggs for a mighty nutritious breakfast
- Grazing board - this one may be my favorite. Slice up a couple muffins into fourths (bite-sized) and couple with your typical grazing items, mixed nuts, cheese, veggie sticks, charcuterie, and you’ve got yourself a picture perfect array of goods everyone will enjoy
Looking for more recipes to use up those bananas you forgot about on your counter? Let me help. How about some banana bread doughnuts? Oh, or this chocolate chip banana bread. Wait, wait, no you need a slice of buck-naked banana bread.Print