We are dealing with a dozen of the most perfectly fluffy, deliciously healthy, mind-blowingly chocolatey banana muffins you’ve ever seen. Everyone, get pumped!
Things you won’t find in one of these muffins - refined sugar, added oils, weird preservatives.
Things you will find in one of these muffins - moistness, chocolate heaven, and love at first bite.
I have to give a major shoutout to bananas, nut butter, almond flour, and eggs for making this incredibleness possible.
Making these muffins is pretty straight forward. Mash a couple overripe bananas, mix in the wet ingredients, whisk dry ingredients combine the two mixtures, pour into a muffin tin, et voila, EXTRAORDINARY MUFFINS!
What’s not so straightforward are the toppings because the prospects are bountiful. But, have no fear, I’m here to help ya out. I’ve lined up some perfect pairings to go alongside one of these bad boy muffins.
How to Top your Muffin
- Greek yogurt - add a warm muffin to a little bowl of yogurt for some creamy dreaminess OR simply spoon a dollop of yogurt on top and dig right in
- More nut butter - is there such thing as too much nut butter? Well, yes but not in this case. Slather a little extra nut butter in the middle of a muffin, trust me it’s delicious
- Grass-fed butter - you only need a little bit of butter here but I highly recommend nestling a little in the middle of a muffin, heating it up a tad in the microwave, then slicing it in half for some serious muffin action
- Breakfast eggs - this healthy muffin pairs perfectly with some protein packed eggs for a mighty nutritious breakfast
- Grazing board - this one may be my favorite. Slice up a couple muffins into fourths (bite-sized) and couple with your typical grazing items, mixed nuts, cheese, veggie sticks, charcuterie, and you’ve got yourself a picture perfect array of goods everyone will enjoy
Looking for more recipes to use up those bananas you forgot about on your counter? Let me help. How about some banana bread doughnuts? Oh, or this chocolate chip banana bread. Wait, wait, no you need a slice of buck-naked banana bread.Print
Perfectly Wholesome Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 Muffins 1x
The perfect, nutritious banana muffin made with all-natural ingredients. Packed with flavor and a generous sprinkle of chocolate chips. They are delicious, fluffy, and yes, you need them in your life!
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup nut butter (any nut butter of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a muffin tin with liners
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the eggs, nut butter, and vanilla, and mix well
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt
- Fold in the flour mixture into the bowl with the bananas and eggs until fully incorporated
- Add in the chocolate chips and continue to mix a few more times
- Scoop mixture into each muffin liner, filling almost to the top (I’m talking leave about ½ an inch from the top of the liner)
- Sprinkle a couple extra chocolate chips on top if desired
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown and you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean
- Let cool before removing from muffin tin, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days on the counter or a week in the fridge
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Gluten-free Muffins, Healthy Muffins, Paleo, Diary-free
Is there something I could sub for the nut butter? My kids don't like the nut butter banana combo.