Chocolate marbled banana bread — the classic banana bread with an elevated twist. It’s the soft, fluffy, delicious banana bread you know and love with silky ribbons of dark chocolate laced throughout. Sweetened only with bananas and made gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly!
Imagine a world where banana and chocolate collide. Now, let’s make it a reality with CHOCOLATE MARBLED BANANA BREAD! Soft, golden brown banana bread with stripes of elegant dark chocolate all over. I’m willing to bet this will become your new favorite banana bread recipe.
Let’s Make Healthy Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
Making this banana bread is actually quite simple, it’s just like your classic banana bread. I like to go ahead and start to melt the chocolate chips while I make the bread batter (I like to live life on the edge). My go-to method of melting chocolate is with a makeshift double boiler. Heat a pot of water over low heat until it starts to simmer. Then, place a larger pot or skillet on top with the chocolate chips. Stir occasionally as the chocolate chips begin to melt. I find this to be the best way to melt chocolate as you’re using indirect heat which is what prevents burning (something I’ve come to know all too well this past year).
So, while the chocolate is melting, make your banana bread batter. Spoon about a cup of the batter into a separate bowl and fold in the chocolate chips once they’re melted and have cooled for a bit. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil then alternate with the classic banana, then the chocolate, then finish off the classic batter, and top it all off with the rest of the chocolate. For the finishing touches, take a small knife or toothpick and draw a couple of large S’s in the batter to crease a swirl shape. Don’t go too crazy here, a little goes a long way!
Healthy Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Melt the chocolate chips in a skillet over low heat or use the double boiler method (place chocolate chips in a small pot and position on top of a larger pot of simmering water. Stir continuously until melted). Set aside to cool
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture into the bowl with the eggs and stir until no flour clumps remain
- Spoon out 1 cup of the batter into a separate bowl and stir in the melted chocolate
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil
- Pour about half of the non-chocolate batter into the pan. Then spread the chocolate batter on top, leaving about 3 tablespoon in the bowl. Pour in remaining non-chocolate batter then place 3 dollops of the chocolate batter on top
- With a knife, draw 3 large S’s in the batter to create a swirl (a little goes a long way here, don’t get too crazy)
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until you can insert a toothpick into the middle and it comes out clean
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week or up to 10 days in the fridge
MAKE SURE TO TAG ME @THE.FIT.PEACH ON INSTAGRAM OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU MAKE THIS EASY HEALTHY MARBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE.