This bundt cake has a sweet vanilla aroma with an ever-so-subtle hint of bourbon to give it that warm & cozy touch. Each slice is moist, fluffy, and drizzled with a bourbon coconut butter glaze. Made gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly, it’s sure to be a party stopper!
I’m not one to toot my horn when it comes to my recipes, but GUYS…this cake is out. of. this. world!! I can’t help but be mildly impressed with myself. The combination of vanilla and bourbon create this taste I’ve only ever dreamed about. And the entire cake is made with wholesome, natural ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup. Oh, and of course a splash of real bourbon.
Reasons I’m head-over-heels for this bundt cake
- The fluff factor. This cake is kind of like a sponge cake. This means it can really soak up the bourbon glaze so you get a bit in every bite. Who doesn’t like that?
- We use real bourbon. Yep, that’s right, this health-focused foodie dropped a couple shots of bourbon in her cake mix and it was magical. Bourbon is in fact all natural as there are no artificial ingredients. Although, as always, moderation is key.
- It’s absolutely perfect for the holidays. As you probably already know, I love the holidays. When a cake aligns so well with the season, it makes me smile just a tad. I don’t think anyone will say no to a vanilla bourbon cake so it’s bound to be a crowd pleaser!
This bundt cake has a sweet vanilla aroma with an ever-so-subtle hint of bourbon to give it that warm and cozy touch. Each slice is moist, fluffy, and drizzled with a bourbon coconut butter glaze. Made gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly, it’s sure to be a party stopper!
For the cake
- 3 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp bourbon
For the glaze
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 1 - 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (use as needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp bourbon*, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and mix well. Then add the eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, and bourbon, mixing until fully incorporated
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture into the bowl with the coconut milk adding about ⅓ of the mixture at a time, folding until no flour clumps remain
- Pour batter into a greased bundt cake pan and bake for 35 - 45 minutes until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and you can insert a toothpick into the middle part of the cake it comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the cake pan
- Once cooled, prepare your glaze by melting the coconut butter**. This is best done using a double boiler or you can simply bring a pot of water to a simmer, add the coconut butter to a sauce pan, and place on top of the pot of simmering water. Continue to stir until melted (add a Tbsp or two of coconut oil if needed to thin out the coconut butter). Once melted, pour coconut butter into a bowl and stir in the vanilla and bourbon and immediately pour over bundt cake
- Serve cake immediately or store in an airtight cake container and keep up to 5 days
*Note - If you’d like to make a strictly paleo or gluten-free cake, omit the bourbon and add a little extra vanilla bean or extract
**Note - If the cake is for an event or gathering, I recommend making the cake ahead of time and waiting until a few hours before serving to prepare the vanilla bourbon glaze and drizzle over the cake
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Bourbon Cake, Paleo Bundt Cake, Gluten-free Bundt Cake, Holiday Bundt Cake