Seared cast iron salmon on a bed of fluffy cauliflower rice with fresh mango salsa. This quick and easy dish makes the perfect weeknight dinner. It's made with wholesome ingredients and packed with protein and veggies!
When it comes to weeknight dinners, I am on team quick and easy. And obviously delicious and nutritious. This means meal prepping is one of my very close friends. My stance on meal prepping goes a little something like this: Find versatile side dishes you actually WANT to eat. Then make a large batch and pair it with a different protein each time. Not only does this keep things interesting, but it keeps your body on it’s toes because you aren’t feeding it the exact same nutrients every night.
The Avocado Mango Salsa
This Avocado Mango Salsa is quite functional. You can eat it straight out of the bowl with some crackers for a light lunch or snack. It would be awesome with some grilled chicken. It's KILLER with this cast iron salmon ???? If you know me, you know that I freakin’ love salmon. I have since high school. I could eat it every day and be totally content (however, I know the value in mixing up your meals).
Salmon is rich in anti-oxidants and omega 3 fatty acids and is a fab source of protein. We keep a box of wild caught salmon in the freezer at all times and thaw out a couple each week. Living in the land-locked city of Atlanta, good quality wild caught seafood is a rarity so I’m all about the convenience and low price point of a frozen bag.
There’s no better feeling then coming home from a long day at work and realizing you have some Avocado Mango Salsa sitting fresh in your fridge, a bag of cauliflower rice in the freezer, and some fresh wild caught salmon thawed and ready to be cooked!Print
Cast Iron Salmon with Mango Salsa and Cauliflower Rice
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
In need of a quick and easy weeknight meal? This pan seared salmon with an avocado mango salsa on top of a bed of cauliflower rice has you covered! The salmon and rice is cooked in coconut aminos, giving it a Caribbean-style taste that is purely delectable!
For the Salmon
- 2 fillets of wild caught salmon
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
For the Rice
- 1 bag cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
For the Mango Salsa
- see this post
For The Salmon
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over low heat.
- Sprinkle paprika and garlic powder over salmon fillets and place skin-side UP for about 90 seconds and increase heat to medium-low.
- Flip salmon over so that the skin-side is DOWN. Cook for about 2 minutes, sprinkle coconut aminos over top of salmon, and let cook for another 1 minute.
For The Rice
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over low heat.
- Add coconut rice to skillet and cook for 3 minutes, continuing to stir periodically.
- Sprinkle coconut aminos over rice, stir thoroughly and place on plate with salmon
For The Mango Salsa
- See this post for directions
- Spoon about ¼ cup of mango salsa over salmon
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Fish
- Method: Cast Iron
- Cuisine: Carribean
- Serving Size: 1 Fillet
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 28
Keywords: Cast Iron Salmon, Mango Salsa Salmon, Healthy Salmon, Paleo Salmon, Whole30 Salmon
Leave a Reply