Post updated 4/6/2020
This Chickpea Brownie Batter is creamy, decadent, and full of healthy wholesome ingredients. It makes the ultimate chocolatey treat and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes! Perfect for a sweet party dish or fun snack!
I never thought I'd be a dessert hummus type of gal but gosh, this has changed me. It's smooth, decadent, and oh so chocolaty.
What you need to make chickpea brownie batter?
One of the best things about this recipe are the minimal ingredients it requires. Here's whatcha need:
- Garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas)
- Nut butter (any nut butter will work with this recipe, just make sure it's the creamy style)
- cacao powder
- maple syrup
- nut milk
- chocolate chunks
Dessert hummus tips
- Like the best homemade hummus, this recipe is best when you remove the skins from the garbanzo beans. Yes, it's annoying but trust me, it's SO worth it. Removing the skins ensures a silky smooth consistency every time!
- Keep the food processor running when pulsing the garbanzo beans and nut milk. This keeps things moving and adds air to the mixture to make it nice and fluffy.
- Test taste the mixture before you transfer it to a separate bowl. Everyone's taste preferences are different. If you prefer a sweeter dip, add a touch more maple syrup to make sure it's just how you like it!
This Chickpea Brownie Batter is creamy, decadent, and full of healthy wholesome ingredients. It makes the perfect chocolatey treat and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes!
- Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans and remove the skin*. Place in a high-powered food processor and pulse until well mixed
- While the food processor is running, add in the nut milk and mix until creamy (at least 2 minutes)
- Stop the food processor and add in the nut butter, mix until well combined. Add in the cacao powder, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix again until thick and creamy (at least 2 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl and stir in the chocolate chunks. Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week
*Note : To remove the garbanzo bean skins, pinch each bean in between your thumb and index finger until the film is removed. This process takes some time but trust me, it's well worth it!
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Chickpea Batter, Edible Cookie Dough, Healthy Brownie Batter, Dairy-free, Vegan
MAKE SURE TO TAG ME @THE.FIT.PEACH ON INSTAGRAM OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU MAKE THIS CHICKPEA BROWNIE BATTER RECIPE.