Meet your newest, juiciest, healthy bff - the turkey burger. Turkey burgers are awesome alternatives to your standard beef burger. Packed with flavor, loaded with lean protein, and quickly cooked stove top, it’s a no brainer!
These turkey burgers are a go-to in our house. They are great for meal-prep, quick lunch, or a Friday night date night! Enjoy them “naked” on top of crunchy lettuce, on top of a salad, inside a burger bowl with fresh ingredients, or just sandwiched between your favorite bun.
I like to use super lean ground turkey (99% lean if I’m lucky, but 85% can be easier to find). The trick is to add in your own healthy fats to take the juicy factor up a notch. Think rich olive oil, or smooth avocado oil, or some macadamia nut oil if you’re feeling fancy. The spices are also key here. I love adding nutritional yeast* into my savory recipes if you haven’t noticed. Throw in some fresh black pepper, paprika, and a little sea salt and you’ve got yourself a SUPER easy, flavorful burger ladies and gents!
*New to nutritional yeast? It’s simply an inactive yeast that packs a lot of nutrients (hence the name). It adds a little “cheesy” flavor to dishes but contains no dairy. Interested? Check out my “cheesy” popcorn, or this cauliflower alfredo pasta, or maybe these easy turkey meatballs.
The Ultimate Clean Turkey Burgers
For the Burger
- Tomato slice
- Red onion slices
- Avocado slices
- Sprouted Wheat Bun
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat
- Add diced onions to skillet and let cook for about 3 minutes
- Add chopped mushrooms to the skillet with the onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes then remove from element to let cool
- Place ground turkey in a mixing bowl and add in all remaining ingredients except 1 tablespoon of olive oil , including the cooked mushrooms and onions
- Mix ingredients thoroughly either with hands or with a large spatula
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and roll into a bowl, place on a tray, and pat down the top of the ball so it forms a ‘disk-like’ form
- Heat reserved 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-low heat, place turkey burgers in skillet, and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked to your desire