Delicious homemade chocolate granola bars that are chewy and crunchy! These nut-free granola bars are the ultimate on-the-go snack and taste even better than store-bought. Made with wholesome ingredients like dates, rolled oats, and pumpkin seeds, these bars are perfect for kids and adults!
If you're on the hunt for the granola bar that's not too sweet but satisfies the craving, look no further! These nut-free bars have a delicious date base with rolled oats and seeds sprinkled in to give some crunch and drizzled with melted chocolate. Let's just say if I were a granola bar, I'd choose this one. They are easy to make at home, allergy friendly, and sure to be a kid favorite.
What do I need to Make Nut-free Granola Bars?
Why are these Granola Bars so Good?
With a world full of granola bars, it's hard to sift through all of them and pick out the best. However, these definitely deserve a spot at the top and here's why:
- They are homemade. Store-bought granola bars are sooo 1990s am I right? Totally kidding but in all seriousness, I think the Atkins phase really put granola bars on the map. However, these are no Atkins bar. Each bar is made with pronounceable and natural ingredients you can find at the store (and you may already have on hand).
- Naturally sweet. There is no added sugar in these nut-free granola bars. They are sweetened naturally with dates (and of course a little chocolate). The best part is that you can make them as sweet as you'd like. The chocolate chips and drizzle are completely optional and you can reduce the amount of dates used if desired (I tell you how in the notes below).
- They're nut-free. I feel like everyone knows someone that can't have nuts. I personally am fortunate enough to be able to tolerate nuts - so much so that nut butter is probably one of my main food groups. But, I know this isn't the case for everyone. So, we came up with a granola bar that is completely free of nuts! They make perfect snacks for little ones and you won't have to worry about those with allergies.
- No-bake. Yes, these bars are made without even having to turn on the oven! We simply mix up all the ingredients, transfer to a pan, and refrigerate for a couple hours while they set. They're no-bake style makes them the ultimate summer time snack!
How to Make Nut-free Granola Bars
- First, we start with making our date paste. This is done by pureeing dates in a food processor. They key is to make sure your dates still have some moisture to them. If they are too dry, soak them in some warm water for 5 minutes before pureeing them.
- Next, mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. I recommend using a sturdy spatula or even your hands as things gets thick real quick!
- Transfer the mixture to lined baking pan and pat down tight. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before slicing into bars.
- To really elevate these granola bars, melt some additional chocolate chips and drizzle a little over top of each bar!
- To store, keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a 10 days.
Looking for more fun snacks? Check out these recipes below!
Nut-free Chocolate Granola Bars
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup SunButter
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoon cranberries
- 1 ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips - plus more to drizzle if desired
- If your dates are dry, soak in warm water for 5 minutes. Then, puree dates in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula. You may want to use your hands if the mixture becomes to thick.
- Press the mixture into a lined 8 x 8 baking pan and place in fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
- Once set, cut into 8 bars. If desired, melt additional chocolate chips and drizzle over top of bars.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Leave a Reply