This Vegan Baked Apple Fritters recipe is sponsored by Edward and Sons. As always, all thoughts are my own. Thank you so much for supporting brands that make The Fit Peach possible!
Get into the fall spirit with a fresh batch of these homemade vegan baked apple fritters! Best of all, you can enjoy these super fluffy baked doughnuts without the mess of a deep fryer. They're still pillowy soft and drizzled with a maple coconut butter glaze.
Vegan Baked Apple Fritters with Maple Coconut Butter Glaze
You heard it here first folks - you can make vegan apple fritters in the oven! No greasy hot oil involved. And they're just as pillow-y soft so we don't have to sacrifice that beloved doughnut texture.
The glaze may be my favorite part though. We combine my favorite fall flavor, maple, with warm melted coconut butter and drizzle it on top of these hot doughnuts. Each bite is like a healthy dose of fall!
Vegan Apple Fritter Ingredients
To make these baked apple fritters, you just need a few gluten-free pantry staples:
- Native Forest Coconut Milk + Apple cider vinegar - also known as 'vegan buttermilk'. Make sure you use full fat coconut milk. The cream at the top of the can is what provides the moistness to these doughnuts. When it reacts with the apple cider vinegar, it helps to give them some rise, like a classic fritter!
- Cassava flour + Let's Do Organic Arrowroot Starch - this combination ensures a super fluffy texture.
- Baking powder - this is what makes sure the doughnuts rise. Make sure you use baking powder and not soda.
- Coconut sugar - to sweetened the fritters. The coconut sugar provides and subtle caramel flavor to these baked doughnuts.
- Apples - you can't have apple fritters without apples right? Make sure to use ripe apples and dice them into small chunks.
- Coconut oil - used to sauté the apples.
- Vanilla - the vanilla gives the apples a slightly sweet flavor giving them the perfect combination of tart yet sweet.
- Cinnamon + Nut meg + Cloves - these spices elevate the fritters so they really taste like fall!
How to Make Homemade Baked Fritters
Okay guys, these fritters are way too easy to make. Like dangerously easy. Here's how it goes down:
- First, sauté the apples with the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and spices. Cook until the apples are soft then set aside and let the mixture cool while you prepare the dough
- Next, make the dough by first mixing the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar then set it aside. In a large bowl, mix the cassava flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and coconut sugar. Slowly add the coconut milk mixture and continue to mix until a thick dough forms.
- Then, add the apples, including the liquid, to the dough and mix to incorporate. With a large cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake.
- While the fritters are baking, prepare the glaze. Melt the coconut butter and stir in a little maple syrup. If the consistency it too thick, add a Tbsp nut milk. Drizzle on top of fritters while they're warm and enjoy!