These bites-sized snacks have all the flavor of the cheesy, marinara pizza you love. Most importantly, they take place on a little bite of zucchini! Super nutritious, packed with flavor, and the perfect healthy appetizer, snack, or dinner.
I love taking a fairly well known “un-healthy” food and turning it into something down right nutritious and delicious. Take this alfredo pasta, or this buffalo chicken for instance. Pizza is no different. I mean, melted cheese on top of some red sauce and a circular piece of dough. Nothing super nutritious about that. However, marinara sauce on top of a slice of zucchini topped with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and parsley is a PIZZA PARTY IN YOUR MOUTH!!
How to Serve These Zucchini Pizza Bites
Pizza bites make the perfect party appetizer. Serve them up on a platter and I'll bet they're gone within the first 15 minutes. You can also make these zucchini pizza bites beforehand with a little prepping. I recommend slicing up your zucchini and tomatoes ahead of time. About 20 minutes before go, time, quickly pre-bake the zucchini circles, layer on the marinara, tomatoes, and cheese, and bake until melted. Quick, easy, and delicious!Print
These zucchini pizzas are the ultimate party appetizer or snack! Topped with fresh marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, sauteed tomatoes, and parsley, it’s healthy and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Slice zucchini into ¼ inch circles, place on baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Bake for 5 minutes (this is to soften the zucchini up a bit)
- While the zucchini is baking, heat the other 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet and saute tomatoes until soft
- Spoon marinara sauce over each zucchini bites (~½ Tbsp each), crumble cheese of choice over top, then add 1-2 tomatoes on each bite and roast for another 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted
- Top with fresh parsley and dig in!
- Zucchini bites will last in the fridge in an air tight container for 3-5 days.
- Serving Size: 4 Pizza Bites
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Zucchini Pizza Bites, Healthy Appetizer, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
MAKE SURE TO TAG ME @THE.FIT.PEACH ON INSTAGRAM OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU MAKE THIS ZUCCHINI PIZZA BITES RECIPE.