Cauliflower in air fryer comes together with less than ten ingredients and 20 minutes for a sweet and spicy side dish or appetizer that’s perfect for holiday parties, weeknight dinners, and every occasion in between!
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Cauliflower in Air Fryer Ingredients & Notes
- How to Cut Cauliflower
- How to Air Fry Cauliflower
- Air Fry Cauliflower Recipe Variations
- Expert Tips
- Which air fryer is best?
- Can I make cauliflower in the air fryer ahead of time?
- How to Store
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Popular The Fit Peach Recipes:
Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
If you’ve never had cauliflower in an air fryer, you’re seriously missing out. An already underrated vegetable that’s super tasty, cauliflower gets even better when coated in seasonings and air-fried to golden perfection.
Plus, it’s super quick to make and fancy enough for a dinner party or date night yet quick and easy enough for a busy weeknight. The best part is that the florets come out crisp and perfectly poppable for well-seasoned veggies even your picky eaters will be excited to eat. Especially if you pair it with a dipping sauce!
You may also want to check out these popcorn chicken in the air fryer!
Cauliflower in Air Fryer Ingredients & Notes
- Cauliflower - To keep this recipe budget-friendly, I buy a whole head of cauliflower and chop off the florets. It’s surprisingly easy to do! However, you could also buy them pre-chopped.
- Olive oil - Use this to coat the cauliflower, helping the seasonings stick and creating the crisp exterior we’re looking for. Feel free to swap it out with any other oil you have on hand such as avocado oil or vegetable oil.
- Honey - A natural sweetener, this balances out the spiciness of the seasonings and helps them cling to the cauliflower. Feel free to use agave, if preferred.
- Seasonings - Paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, and black pepper create a bold, savory flavor with just a hint of heat.
- Pistachios - Technically optional, I love to add a sprinkle of chopped pistachios for a little extra crunch, rich flavor, and a boost of healthy fats.
How to Cut Cauliflower
Start by peeling off the leaves. You will be left with a few large stems of florets coming out of a single large stem in the middle. Use a knife, or your hands, to remove those stems from the middle stem. Then, slice the florets off the stem, leaving a small stalk on each floret. Try to make the florets small bite-sized pieces that are similar in size so they cook the same in the air fryer.
How to Air Fry Cauliflower
For this recipe, you will need a sharp knife, a large bowl, and an air fryer.
Step 1: Prepare the cauliflower. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower head, and separate the florets from the stalk. Transfer them to a large bowl.
Step 2: Coat and season the cauliflower. Drizzle the oil and honey over the florets, and gently toss to coat. Then, sprinkle the seasonings on top, and toss again to combine and coat each piece.
Step 3: Air fry the cauliflower. Spray the bottom of an air fryer basket with cooking oil spray, or line it with aluminum foil. Arrange the cauliflower pieces in an even layer at the bottom of the basket.
Work in batches as needed! Then, cook the cauliflower until crisp, shaking halfway through.
Step 4: Garnish and serve. Transfer the cauliflower in air fryer to a serving dish, garnish with extra honey and pistachios, and enjoy warm!
Air Fry Cauliflower Recipe Variations
- Sprinkle some cayenne pepper into the seasoning mix for added heat.
- Add some grated parmesan cheese before air frying for a crispy cheese breading.
- Sprinkle some bread crumbs over the cauliflower florets before frying for a breaded feel.
- Swap the honey with 3 tablespoon hot sauce for a buffalo cauliflower flavor.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces that are similar in size so they will cook the same amount of time.
- Toss the cauliflower well in the oil and seasoning. You can tell if each foret is coated because they will turn a light orange color from the paprika and turmeric.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket or pile the florets on top of one another. If needed, cook them in batches so they cook in one even layer.
- Shake the air fry basket halfway through cooking. This will flip the florets over and move them around in the basket so every side can cook through.
Which air fryer is best?
I use this air fryer which I absolutely love. It’s a “family size” meaning it can hold a lot in the basket which I like. I have also heard great things about this COSORI one and this Cuisinart one that also functions as a toaster
Can I make cauliflower in the air fryer ahead of time?
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, I recommend seasoning the cauliflower as directed and storing the florets in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
This air fryer cauliflower recipe can marinate for up to 4 days. So, you can also season it overnight in the fridge and cook it the next day as directed.
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, heat the cauliflower in the air fryer for 1 minute at 300 F or microwave in 10-second increments until warmed through. You can also heat the florets up in a toaster oven or oven until warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but you will want to thaw it out and remove any excess water before air frying it.
Yes, you can! You can use them in many soups, stews, or even smoothies.
First, make sure the florets are coated in the oil and seasonings. The oil will prevent the cauliflower from burning too fast. Second, check the cauliflower after 5 minutes, give the basket a shake, and check on it every few minutes after to prevent it from overcooking.
For more easy sides, check out my:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
More Popular The Fit Peach Recipes:
Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pistachios - optional, to garnish
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower head and separate the florets from the large stalk either with a knife or with your hands. Try your best to make these foret pieces close in size so they cook the same. Place the florets into a large bowl.1 head cauliflower
- Drizzle the olive oil and honey over the cauliflower and toss gently to coat.2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey
- Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper over the cauliflower and toss well to combine. I like to do this by shaking the bowl back and forth kind of like your seasoning popcorn. Keep tossing until every floret is seasoned.2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon turmeric, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil or line with aluminum foil. Spread the cauliflower into an even layer in the bottom of the basket. Make sure not to overcrowd or pile the cauliflower on top of one another. I typically have to work in 2 batches. Cook the cauliflower at 400F for 5 minutes, give the basket a big shake, and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking. I like mine really crispy so I do 7 minutes.
- Transfer the air fryer cauliflower to a serving dish. Garnish with an extra drizzle of honey and/or chopped pistachios, if desired, and enjoy!Pistachios