Looking for a quick, easy, and nutritious breakfast on the go? Let me introduce you to my favorite overnight oats. They’re chocolaty and creamy, nutritious and filling, and above all, the topping possibilities are endless. These chocolate overnight oats are the best on-the-go healthy breakfast!
If you're team chocolate for breakfast, this one is for you! This breakfast is simple and easy and perfect for days where you're running out the door. Simply mix it all together the night before, let it sit in the fridge, and then it's ready to do in the morning!
The best part about these chocolate overnight oats has to be the toppings. I mean you could top these with anything because honestly, anything goes with chocolate.
- Start by mixing together the oats, chia seeds, and cacao powder in a bowl. Toss the ingredients together with a spoon or fork.
- Add the nut milk to the bowl and stir again to coat the oats.
- Store the oats in an air-tight container or divide the oats amongst jars to split it up into 4 individual continuers. Let the oats sit in the fridge overnight (at least 4 hours) to set.
- Once set, top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Overnight Oats Toppings
Like I said, practically everythings goes with chocolate so there are tons of topping opportunities! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Nut butter (cashew butter, almond butter, mixed nut butter)
- Fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, blueberries)
- Coconut shavings
- Chopped nuts
- Protein powder (just mix a scoop into a single serve jar of these oats)
- Seeds (pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds)
Frequently Asked Questions
The best oats are old fashion rolled oats. These are different than quick oats and steel cut oats. Rolled oats are flat and thin and absorb liquids well making them the perfect oats for overnight oats.
No, the chia seeds are crucial for overnight oats as they help the oats soak up the milk. They ensure a thick and creamy texture so I would not substitute or leave these out.
When stored in an air-tight container, overnight oats will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week!
More overnight oats recipes
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Simple Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Add the rolled oats, chia seeds, and cacao powder to a large mixing bowl and mix.1 ½ cups rolled oats, 3 tablespoon chia seeds, ¼ cup cacao powder
- Pour the nut milk into the bowl and mix to coat the oats. Place the oats in an air-tight container in the fridge or split evenly into 4 jars. Allow the oats to sit in the fridge overnight (at least 4 hours) to set.2 cups nut milk
- Once set, spoon about 1 cup of the mixture into a bowl if not already split out into individual jars. Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!