These creamy pumpkin spice overnight oats is the ultimate on-the-go fall inspired breakfast! It's simple to make, perfect for those wanting a healthy start to their day, and filled with pumpkin spice. Let them chill overnight and they are good to go the next day!
If you're a fall fan girl like me then you will LOVE these overnight oats. They're creamy and filled with all the fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Each bite will send you all the cozy feels of fall.
- Pumpkin purée - this is canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling.
- Almond milk - any nut milk will work in this pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe.
- Chia seeds - these are tasteless seeds that will expand when soaked with a liquid. You should be able to find them at most grocery stores.
- Rolled oats - use gluten-free if needed.
- Pumpkin spice - I used the actual pumpkin spice seasoning but you can use cinnamon and/or nutmeg and still get some nice fall vibes.
Step by step directions
This pumpkin pie overnight oatmeal recipe is SO simple to make. Make sure you have a large mixing bowl and 5 small Tupperware for each serving.
Step 1 : Mix together the pumpkin and nut milk. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin and nut milk until well incorporated. You can use a spoon or a whisk to do this.
Step 2 : Add the remaining ingredients. Add the chia seeds, rolled oats, and pumpkin spice to the bowl and continue to mix well. Stir until all of the oats have been coated with the mixture. It will be a little runny at this point but that's okay.
Step 3 : Portion out into containers. Spoon the oat mixture into 5 individual containers. I recommend small glasses like these. Make sure they are air tight and place them in the fridge overnight to chill.
Step 4 : Top with toppings. When ready to enjoy, top your pumpkin pie oatmeal with toppings like greek yogurt, chopped nuts, and cinnamon.
There are many ways to switch up this recipe and make it your own. Here are a few ways I recommend:
- Add espresso to your mixture to make this pumpkin spice latte overnight oats! You can get your coffee and your breakfast all in one!
- If you like your oats a little sweeter, stir 3 tablespoon maple syrup or coconut sugar to the mix.
- You can also switch up the toppings. Add some pumpkin seeds on top or a drizzle of cashew butter to mix it up!
Frequently Asked Qustions
Rolled oats is best. Do not use steel cut oats as they won't soften like they should.
These overnight oats will keep for a week in the fridge when stored in an air tight container.
Yes, if you prefer warm overnight oats you can heat up the jar in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and continue to heat in intervals of 10 seconds until desired temperature.
For more fall recipes, check out my:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
For the Oats
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée and the almond milk until well mixed.
- Add in the chia seeds, rolled oats, and pumpkin spice and continue to mix.
- Pour mixture into 5 individual containers and store in fridge overnight (at least 3 hours).
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!