The healthy pumpkin yogurt parfait of my dreams! This dish is loaded with layer upon layers of delicious fall flavors like real pumpkin, homemade spiced granola, and creamy nut butter. It’s thick, creamy, and basically a healthy pumpkin pie in a cup!
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfaits
Yogurt parfaits are the perfect nutritious on-the-go breakfast, snack, or dessert. When made properly, they can be fairly healthy - full of protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs. Here are a few tips to make your pumpkin yogurt parfait both delicious and nutritious:
- Use plain greek yogurt. We flavor our yogurt ourselves with creamy pumpkin and nut butter so there is really no need for flavored yogurt which can have added sugars
- Low fat yogurt is best in this recipe. Again, because we add our own fat into the parfait (in the form of nut butter) we can use a lower fat yogurt and it will still be delicious!
- Use real pumpkin I don't know about you, but artificial pumpkin makes me cringe. Not to mention it just doesn't live up to the taste of real pumpkin. Real canned pumpkin isn't too hard to find this time of year. This one is my favorite.
The Layers - Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait Edition
A good pumpkin yogurt parfait contains lots of layers. Here are the layers we have going on here from bottom to top:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Greek Yogurt
- Nut Butter
- Pumpkin Puree
How to Store Your Yogurt Parfait
Yes, you can make this yogurt parfait ahead of time for a quick breakfast/snack on the go. I recommend keeping all components separate until you are ready to assemble. In a mason jar or glass Tupperware, begin to layer the parfait as listed below. Enjoy it within 3 hours for optimal texture and creaminess!
More Pumpkin Recipes You're Sure to Love
Dreamy Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfait
- To make the parfait, we are going to layer each ingredient into a jar or bowl. Start with half the pumpkin puree’ at the bottom½ cup pumpkin puree’
- Sprinkle half the granola on top then ½ cup of yogurt.⅓ cup granola of choice, ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- Next, add 1 tablespoon nut butter then continue layering with the other half of the pumpkin puree’ first, then the rest of the granola on top1 tablespoon nut butter
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg on top and dig in!cinnamon