Ultra fudgy and delicious gluten-free monster blondies! A soft baked blondie-style cookie with festive M&Ms and chocolate chunks scattered throughout. This treat will definitely cure that sweet tooth. Plus they’re paleo-friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free!
Gluten-free Monster Blondies
Cookies are great and all but cookie BARS man, they’re next level awesome. It’s like a blondie and a cookie all in one bite. I’m talking soft and buttery on the inside but crispy and golden on the edges and a sprinkle of chocolate in the middle. Oh, and please make it with all natural ingredients like almond flour and nut butter and coconut sugar. All I can say is, sign me up!
The Ultimate Halloween Treat
So, when I was brainstorming the ultimate Halloween treat, one thing came to mind — monsters. I love a good pumpkin flavored treat this time of year but monsters add a little scariness factor to the bunch that you can’t get from pumpkin.
I thought, why don’t we combine the fun monster-style cookie we all know and love with one of my favorite sweet treats - blondies. Oh, and make it extra scary and use the M&Ms Ghouls mix (aka a combination of fun Halloween-style M&Ms). Turns out this mixture of monsters and blondies made the most perfect Halloween treat!
How to Make Almond Butter Blondies
These gluten-free blondies are simple and easy to make and can be whipped up in no time (a blessing and a curse 😉 )!
- Start by whisking together the flours and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next, beat the coconut milk, egg, almond butter, and vanilla together until creamy.
- Then, fold in the flour mixture slowly into the bowl with the coconut milk. Fold until no flour clumps remain.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chunks. Pour the batter into your baking pan and bake! Definitely wait for them to cool down a bit before slicing so they have some time to set up. This is what gives them that ultra fudgy factor!
Looking for more spooky treats?
Healthy Monster Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt and set aside.1 cup almond flour, ¼ cup tapioca flour, ½ cup coconut sugar, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, coconut milk, almond butter, and vanilla until creamy.1 egg, ¼ cup full fat coconut milk, ½ cup almond butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the almond butter and fold until no flour clumps remain.
- Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chunks until well combined.½ cup M&Ms, ¼ cup chocolate chunks
- Pour batter into an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper or greased with oil and bake for 18 - 24 minutes until the edges turn a golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting into squares and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or 5 days out on the counter