Ultra fudgy and delicious gluten-free monster blondies! A soft baked blondie-style cookie with festive M&Ms and chocolate chunks scattered throughout. This treat will definitely cure that sweet tooth. Plus they’re paleo-friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free!
Gluten-free Monster Blondies
Cookies are great and all but cookie BARS man, they’re next level awesome. It’s like a blondie and a cookie all in one bite. I’m talking soft and buttery on the inside but crispy and golden on the edges and a sprinkle of chocolate in the middle. Oh, and please make it with all natural ingredients like almond flour and nut butter and coconut sugar. All I can say is, sign me up!
The Ultimate Halloween Treat
So, when I was brainstorming the ultimate Halloween treat, one thing came to mind — monsters. I love a good pumpkin flavored treat this time of year but monsters add a little scariness factor to the bunch that you can’t get from pumpkin.
I thought, why don’t we combine the fun monster-style cookie we all know and love with one of my favorite sweet treats - blondies. Oh, and make it extra scary and use the M&Ms Ghouls mix (aka a combination of fun Halloween-style M&Ms). Turns out this mixture of monsters and blondies made the most perfect Halloween treat!
How to Make Almond Butter Blondies
These gluten-free blondies are simple and easy to make and can be whipped up in no time (a blessing and a curse 😉 )!
- Start by whisking together the flours and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next, beat the coconut milk, egg, almond butter, and vanilla together until creamy.
- Then, fold in the flour mixture slowly into the bowl with the coconut milk. Fold until no flour clumps remain.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chunks. Pour the batter into your baking pan and bake! Definitely wait for them to cool down a bit before slicing so they have some time to set up. This is what gives them that ultra fudgy factor!
Looking for more spooky treats?Print
Ultra fudgy and delicious monster cookie bars! A soft baked blondie-style cookie with festive M&Ms and chocolate chunks scattered throughout, this treat will definitely cure that sweet tooth. Plus they’re paleo-friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free!
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a bowl, mix together almond flour. tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, coconut milk, almond butter, and vanilla until creamy
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the almond butter and fold until no flour clumps remain
- Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chunks
- Pour batter into an 8X8 baking dish lined with parchment paper or greased with oil and bake for 18 - 24 minutes until the edges turn a golden brown
- Let cool before cutting into squares
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or 5 days out on the counter
Keywords: Monster Cookie Bars, Cookie Bars, Monster Cookies, Paleo, Gluten-free