These mini chocolate cups have a rich dark chocolate shell filled with creamy pumpkin butter and make the perfect fall treat! Consider these a healthier, festive version of the Halloween treat you know and love. Made with simple ingredients like dark chocolate, real pumpkin, and seed butter.
Reeces Cups but Make them Pumpkin
We’re a little over a week away from Halloween and all I can think about is the most iconic spooky candy out there - Reeses Cups. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, chocolate and nut butter make one heck of a combo. A bite sized piece of rich, dark chocolate hugging a spoonful of thick, creamy nut butter — it doesn’t get much better than that.
What You Need to Make Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
Homemade Reeses cups are easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients (and a little patience). Here is what you need:
- Dark chocolate
- Sunflower butter or Nut butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup
Although this recipe is pretty straight forward, here are a few tips to make sure they turn out THE best:
- Use high quality dark chocolate. Because we melt the chocolate down when making these cups, high quality chocolate works best. This is one of my favorite chocolate brands and they're vegan too!
- Make sure your sunflower butter or nut butter is creamy. This is important to achieve a smooth, flavorful blend of pumpkin and nut butter on the inside.
- Use real pumpkin. Artificial pumpkin can taste too sweet and fake (because it is). Real pumpkin provides the optimal flavor and consistency for these chocolate cups
- Sweeten to your liking. Some people like things sweeter than others. If you prefer your treats on the sweeter side, add a dash more maple syrup to the mix until it's to your liking.