The absolute best and easiest smoothie you can make right at home. This triple berry smoothie is packed with all the protein, fats, and vitamins you need to start your day off on a high note! It's made with only 3 simple ingredients and can be whipped up in a flash.
Why I love this smoothie
Not to be dramatic but...this smoothie is near and dear to my heart. Seriously though, this smoothie is one of my OG recipes. It got me through college, the CPA exam, my years in the corporate world, and now I make at home at least once a week!
It's a tried and true smoothie recipe that truly never gets old! It's made with just 3 simple ingredients and takes not time at all to make. It has a thick and smooth consistency with no bananas or ice needed. If you are a banana smoothie fan though, you NEED to check out this banana bread smoothie.
My favorite parts about about this triple berry smoothie have to be:
- The bright pink color. I mean who could look at this glass and not smile?!
- It packs a protein punch. There is no protein powder needed for this recipe. With the help of greek yogurt, this smoothie can contain about 24g of protein on its own.
- The simplicity. With only three ingredients, this smoothie is one of the easiest on the block!
Smoothie Ingredients and Substitute
- Greek yogurt - This is what provides the smoothie with a thick and creamy consistency. This brand is my favorite! I prefer to use 0% as the nut butter will provide some added fat but feel free to use 2% or 5% as well!
- Frozen berries - Make sure you use frozen berries. This will make the smoothie chilled without the need for ice. This berry blend is amazing with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Cashew butter - I prefer cashew butter in my smoothies but any nut butter will work.
This smoothie is super quick and easy to make!
Step 1 : Add ingredients to a blender
Start by adding all ingredients to a high powered blender. This can also be done with an immersion blender, it just may take a few additional minutes to blend.
Blend on low speed.
Step 2 : Scrape down the sides
Because this smoothie is on the thicker side, you will probably need to scrape down the sides and re-run the blender a few times. Blend until the frozen berries are chopped up and the blender is running smoothly.
Step 3 : Blend until creamy
Once the blender is running smoothly, increase the speed to medium speed for about 30 seconds.
Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy! If desired, you can top it with a few extra frozen berries or chopped nuts.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you like a thick and creamy smoothie (like one you enjoy with a spoon), greek yogurt is your bff! My favorite is this brand. I like 0% as the nut butter will add in some healthy fats but 2% or 5% will work well too!
Because this smoothie has no liquid, just yogurt, you will need to stop it and scrape down the sides at least once. Trust me, it's worth it! Blend on low speed until it's running smoothly and then increase the speed to medium.
This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh from the blender. However, if you would like to store it to enjoy later, keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. I won't be as thick after doing this but will still be nice and chilled!
For more fruity treats, check out my:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Triple Berry Smoothie
- 2 cup greek yogurt - use dairy-free if desired
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter - sub. any nut butter
- 2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Place the smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on low-speed, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture is running smoothly.
- Increase the blender to medium-speed and let the blender run for about 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into glasses and enjoy!