If you're looking for a healthy breakfast or snack, this triple berry smoothie is packed with all the protein, fats, and vitamins you need to start your day off on a high note! It's the best and easiest smoothie you can make right at home with only 3 simple ingredients and can be whipped up in a flash.
Why I love this smoothie
Not to be dramatic but...this smoothie is near and dear to my heart. Seriously though, this smoothie is one of my OG recipes. It got me through college, the CPA exam, my years in the corporate world, and now I make at home at least once a week!
It's a tried and true berry smoothie recipe that truly never gets old! It's made with just 3 simple ingredients and takes no time at all to make. It has a thick and smooth consistency with no bananas or ice needed. If you are a banana smoothie fan though, you NEED to check out this banana bread smoothie.
My favorite parts about about this triple berry smoothie have to be:
- The bright pink color. I mean who could look at this glass and not smile?!
- It packs a protein punch. There is no protein powder needed for this recipe. With the help of greek yogurt, this smoothie can contain about 24g of protein on its own.
- The simplicity. With only three ingredients, this smoothie is one of the easiest on the block!
- The fruity yet nutty flavor is hard to beat. It's creamy with bursts of sweet blackberries and blueberries and a touch of tartness from the raspberries.
Smoothie Ingredients and Substitutes
- Greek yogurt - This is what creates the creaminess. I prefer to use an unsweetened plain greek yogurt but you can also use a vanilla yogurt as well. This brand is my favorite! I prefer to use 0% as the nut butter will provide some added fat but feel free to use 2% or 5% as well!
- Frozen berries - Make sure you use frozen berries. This will make the smoothie chilled without the need for ice. This berry blend is amazing with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. You could also use strawberries too!
- Cashew butter - I prefer cashew butter in my smoothies but any nut butter will work. Almond butter is also great in this smoothie recipe!
Can I use Fresh Berries?
Fresh berries can be used in this smoothie recipe too but you will want to add a few ice cubes to help thicken it up and make it cold. Alternatively, wash and freeze fresh berries to make your own frozen berry blend for smoothies!
Step by Step Instructions
This smoothie is super quick and easy to make!
Step 1 : Add ingredients to a blender. Start by adding all ingredients to a high powered blender. This can also be done with an immersion blender, it just may take a few additional minutes to blend.
Blend on low speed.
Step 2 : Scrape down the sides. Because this smoothie is on the thicker side, you will probably need to scrape down the sides and re-run the blender a few times. Blend until the frozen berries are chopped up and the blender is running smoothly.
Step 3 : Blend until creamy. Once the blender is running smoothly, increase the speed to medium speed for about 30 seconds.
Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy! If desired, you can top it with a few extra frozen berries or chopped nuts.
- This smoothie requires a high powered blender. Since we are blending up frozen fruit, you need something with a strong blade. It works great in my Vitamix and Nutribullet!
- Scrape down the sides of the blender a few times and continue to blend until the smoothie is running smoothly in the blender. There should be no big clumps.
- This is a very thick smoothie so if your blender is having trouble blending it up, add a splash of almond milk to help thin it out a little.
Can I Add Protein Powder?
The greek yogurt and nut butter add a healthy dose of protein to the smoothie already. But if you want to add more I recommend using a vanilla or non-flavored protein powder.
Can I Make This Smoothie Vegan?
This mixed berry smoothie can easily be made vegan by using a plant-based yogurt instead of greek yogurt. I like this greek-style vegan yogurt since it has a thicker consistency.
- Add a handful of spinach or kale for some added greens
- Bulk up the smoothie with fresh or frozen banana
- Add rolled oats and a splash of milk
- Throw in some flax seeds for added omega-3s
Smoothie toppings are my favorite way to level up the snack! Here are a few of my go-to toppings:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you like a thick and creamy smoothie (like one you enjoy with a spoon), greek yogurt is your bff! My favorite is this brand. I like 0% as the nut butter will add in some healthy fats but 2% or 5% will work well too!
Because this smoothie has no liquid, just yogurt, you will need to stop it and scrape down the sides at least once. Trust me, it's worth it! Blend on low speed until it's running smoothly and then increase the speed to medium until you reach your desired consistency.
This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh from the blender. However, if you would like to store it to enjoy later, keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. I won't be as thick after doing this but will still be nice and chilled!
For more cool treats, check out my:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Triple Berry Smoothie
- 2 cup greek yogurt - use dairy-free if desired
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter - sub. any nut butter
- 2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Place the smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on low-speed, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture is running smoothly.
- Increase the blender to medium-speed and let the blender run for about 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into glasses and enjoy!