If you’re a chocoholic, you’re going to love this! Thick, decadent, and fudgy chocolate sauce made with 3 main clean ingredients. This chocolate sauce is perfect to drizzle on ice cream, add to brownies, or even to enjoy by the spoonful. It’s creamy and luscious and made vegan and paleo-friendly!
Doesn’t a warm drizzle of chocolate make everything even better? I’d take extra on chocolate on pretty much anything. Like these Cookie Pops, or this Cookie Skillet, or even these already supremely chocolatey Brownies. If you’re not a huge chocoholic like me, you might enjoy a spoonful of this chocolate sauce on top of a bowl of Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream. Wherever you fall on the chocolate spectrum, everyone needs a go-to chocolate sauce recipe. I have you covered. This recipe is simple, easy, and perfect to make and keep in the fridge when you’re ready for a sweet treat.
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Making a delicious chocolate sauce at home doesn’t have to be hard. Here are a few tips to help it come out FABULOUS every time:
- Be patient when making your chocolate sauce. It may take about 20 minutes to heat your mixture to a simmer. Don’t try to speed up the process by cranking the stove up to high. You want a low heat for a longer period of time. Trust me, it’s worth the wait!
- Stir often. Because we aren’t dealing with melting actual chocolate, we don’t have to stand over the stove and stir frantically to prevent burning. However, you do want to give the mixture a couple stirs every minute or so in order to heat evenly.
- The chocolate sauce will thicken up even more in the fridge. If you prefer a thick hot fudge-like sauce, transfer your mixture to a container and pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to add some thickness. Just heat It back up in the microwave when ready to serve.
Homemade Chocolate Sauce Substitutes
The beauty of this recipe is that you can practically substitute most ingredients to make it your own.
- We use almond milk in the recipe but feel free to use any nut milk you have on hand. If you can tolerate dairy, this will also work with a non-fat dairy milk. Coconut milk and full-fat dairy milk will make for a thicker chocolate sauce
- Most sweeteners work with this recipe to help provide just a touch of sweet. Honey is a great option (though, not vegan) and so is date or coconut nectar. Liquid sweeteners are best for this recipe
Make your own!
- Make it your own!Lastly, you can make it your own! Think of this chocolate sauce as a clean decadent slate. Add some espresso to it for a subtle hint of coffee. Add a dash of mint for a thing mint-style deliciousness. You could even zest some orange over top if you’re in a citrusy mood!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Sauce
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
If you’re a chocoholic, you’re going to love this! Thick, decadent, and fudgy chocolate sauce made with 3 main clean ingredients. This chocolate sauce is perfect to drizzle on ice cream, add to brownies, or even to enjoy by the spoonful. It’s rich and luscious and made vegan and paleo-friendly!
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 - 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Heat the almond milk, cacao powder, and maple syrup in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until the mixture begins to thicken (about 15 -20 minutes)
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the vanilla and sea salt
- Pour the chocolate sauce into an airtight container. Enjoy immediately or store in fridge for up to 1 week
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 27
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 0
Keywords: Chocolate Sauce, Homemade Chocolate Sauce, Vegan Chocolate Sauce, Paleo, Vegan
Leave a Reply