This chocolate chip cookie skillet is ooey, gooey, and oh so chocolate-y! Think soft and chewy cookie with a crisp crinkly crust served hot right out of the oven. Made with wholesome ingredients, it's a health-ier take on the classic pizookie!
A cookie skillet is probably one of my favorite treats. They're a classic and perfect for sharing (or enjoying by yourself, we won't judge). Gooey in the middle, crispy edges, melted chocolate literally everywhere. Plus this brownie skillet is basically a chocolate lover's heaven.
On top of that, you can go from “I really want a cookie” urge to diving spoon-first into this heavenly treat in about 30 minutes. Us millennials would call that pretty close to instant gratification.
What Makes This Cookie Skillet the Best?
Apart from it being a giant hot melty cookie in a warm skillet, there are a few more elements I love about this cookie skillet:
- You can enjoy a restaurant-style dessert right on your couch curled up in comfy clothes. Need I say more?
- Cookie skillets are a well-known crowd pleaser. Whip one up for the whole family and you can ensure everyone's sweet tooth will be served
- High quality and whole ingredients. It's no surprise the classic pizookie comes loaded with butter and all the sugars. This cookie skillet still addresses that cookie skillet craving with health-ier ingredients
Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet Ingredients
Wholesome, natural ingredients is the name of the game with this chocolate-y treat! Here is what you need to go from 'I could really use a cookie right now' to digging into a giant cookie skillet in under an hour:
How to Make the Ultimate Paleo Cookie Skillet
You won't find a cookie skillet like this in restaurants. But the good news is it's super easy to make at home! Here are a few tips to ensure it's equal parts gooey, chocolate-y, and sweet:
- Beat the egg and coconut sugar well. You want to add in air to the egg mixture so it's nice and fluffy. This also helps achieve that crisp top layer we know you love
- Fold in the flour slowly. After the wet ingredients are mixed well, slowly fold in the almond flour and baking soda with just a couple turns of the spatula. Don't over mix or you risk having a flat cookie and nobody wants that
- Use high quality chocolate. I'm a sucker for dark chocolate and think the intense bold flavor pairs so well with this cookie skillet. However, if you're more of a semi-sweet kinda person, that works well too. I would steer clear of milk chocolate here though because you want a touch of bitterness
- Don't skimp on the ice cream. Ice cream and a warm cookie are a match made in heaven. I highly recommend topping your skillet with a couple scoops of your favorite ice cream. My famous 3-ingredient paleo vanilla ice cream is always a win and is easy to make!