Move over Starbucks! There’s a new fall drink in town, and this homemade Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew recipe has all the sweet, warm flavor you love with a fraction of the cost and calories.
Calling all my fall girlies (and guys)! If you’re anything like me, you’re at the front of the line the day Starbucks releases its fall menu. There’s just something about that first sip of a perfectly spiced cold brew that always hits the spot. Even when it’s still 90 degrees out.
However, while I love to treat myself from time to time, I don’t love the high price tag, dairy, sugar, or calories that come with everyone’s favorite fall beverage. So, I decided to make my own instead! And I have to admit that this pumpkin cream cold brew might actually be better than the original.
Not only is it quick to make, but it also uses just a handful of ingredients, cuts down on the sugar content, eliminates the dairy, and you don’t even have to leave your home. Paired with a slice of chocolate chip pumpkin bread or a pumpkin scone, it always hits the spot!
- Why You’ll Love This Dairy-free Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cold Brew
- What makes this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe Different?
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Ingredients & Notes
- Can I make Cold Brew at Home?
- Pumpkin Cold Brew Step-by-Step Instructions
- Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Variations
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Expert Tips
- How to Store the Pumpkin Cream
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why You’ll Love This Dairy-free Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cold Brew
- Gluten free and dairy free
- Simple ingredients
- Much more budget-friendly than Starbucks
- Can be customized to suit your flavor preferences
- A skinny version of the original
What makes this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe Different?
For starters, this recipe is completely dairy free yet still has that thick creamy consistency you know and love in Starbucks’ Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. You also don’t need any special ingredients to make this recipe. I’m willing to bet you have everything you need on hand already!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Ingredients & Notes
- Pumpkin puree - Use pure pumpkin puree. The only ingredient should be pumpkin!
- Pumpkin spice - I use a pre-made blend, but you could also make your own with a combination of ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon cloves.
- Vanilla extract - Use high-quality, pure vanilla extract to add extra depth and enhance the sweetness of the drink.
- Maple syrup - This is how we sweeten the drink without the need for refined sugar. Use as little or as much as desired.
- Cashew butter - This adds an extra element of creaminess along with a boost of fiber and healthy fats. I use homemade cashew butter, but you could also use natural, store-bought cashew butter if preferred.
- Oat milk - Unsweetened oat milk works best in this recipe.
- Cold brew - Cold brew coffee is best as it's strong, bold, and already cold. You can also use strong brewed coffee, but you will need to chill it in the fridge until cold.
Can I make Cold Brew at Home?
Yes, you can easily make it at home. Because cold brew is extra-strength coffee, I recommend using a pitcher that is specifically designed for cold brew. You can also use a cold brew concentrate to make it quickly at home.
Pumpkin Cold Brew Step-by-Step Instructions
This recipe is ready in less time than it takes to make it through the Starbucks drive-thru! All you need is a jar and a large glass, and you’ll be sipping away in a matter of minutes.
Step 1: Create the pumpkin mixture. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, maple syrup, and cashew butter to a jar with a lid. Use a spoon to mix well until fully incorporated.
Step 2: Add the milk. Pour the oat milk into the jar, and stir the mixture again.
Step 3: Froth the milk. Place the lid on the jar, and shake really well until the milk is fluffy and frothy. Alternatively, you could just use a milk frother.
Step 4: Add the coffee. Fill a large glass with ice, and add a cup of cold brew, leaving about an inch of room at the top. Next, add a splash of the pumpkin cream. Use a straw to gently mix the cream into the cold brew, and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Variations
- Use a dairy free creamer for even more creaminess. Just make sure it’s unsweetened! If it’s flavored, feel free to skip the vanilla extract.
- Add a teaspoon or two of chai concentrate to add some chai flavoring to the drink.
- Throw in a tablespoon of cocoa powder with the pumpkin puree for a chocolate pumpkin treat.
- Swirl some whipped cream on top for an over-the-top coffee treat.
- If not dairy free, use half and half for extra creaminess.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Expert Tips
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredients in pumpkin puree should be pumpkin.
- Mix the cashew butter into the pumpkin puree really well. This ensures the cashew butter is evenly distributed into the pumpkin.
- Shake the ingredients really well in the jar. This should take at least a minute. Not only is this mixing all the ingredients together, but it’s also adding air to the milk which makes it nice and frothy.
How to Store the Pumpkin Cream
Place the lid back on the jar of pumpkin cream, and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Give it a few big shakes when ready to use each time.
Frequently Asked Questions
No - Pumpkin cream cold brew is not overly sweet. By making it at home you can also adjust the sweetness to your liking.
No, the one you get from Starbucks is made with heavy cream. This recipe uses oat milk which makes it dairy free and vegan.
The pumpkin cream cold brew at Starbucks is flavored with vanilla syrup. This recipe uses pure vanilla extract instead.
for more fun beverage recipes, check out my:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- 1 Jar with a Lid
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cashew butter to the bottom of a jar with a lid. Mix well with a spoon until fully incorporated.⅓ cup pumpkin puree, ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Add the oat milk to the jar and stir again with a spoon to incorporate.⅔ cup oat milk
- Place the lid on the jar (or use a milk frother) and shake really well for at least a minute. This adds air into the mixture which creates a frothy consistency.
- Fill up a large glass with ice and add 1 cup of cold brew. Leave about an inch of room at the top. Add a splash of the pumpkin cream on top of the cold brew. Use a straw to gently mix the cream into the cold brew and enjoy!4 cups cold brew