These sweet potato tots are crispy on the outside and thick and creamy on the inside. Made with 2 main nutritious ingredients, super easy to whip up, and perfect for kids of all ages (including the 25 year old kid like myself).
Sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods. They are a great source of carbohydrate, packed with fiber and antioxidants, and just dang delicious! I could (and sometimes do) eat them in some form every day. I may be a tad biased but I think crispy baked tater tot form is my favorite ????.
These tater tots are extremely easy to make. You'll only need a couple baked sweet potatoes, a little cassava flour, and some standard baking spices. Just throw all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender then form into bite sized pieces of heaven. Baking them in the oven reduces the amount of oil typically used in the standard tater tot and you won’t find any processed sugar, gums, or other additives in the ingredient list. Trust me guys, you don’t want to miss this one!
Paleo Sweet Potato Tots
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients except olive oil and mix until creamy, dough-like consistency forms.2 cups mashed sweet potato, 1 cup cassava flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Spoon dough in 1 tablespoon increments and roll into rounded rectangles like a tater tot. I found it to be easiest to roll into a ball and pinch the sides into a rectangular form. (Put a touch of olive oil on your hands before rolling if desired mixture doesn’t stick to hands).1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place tater tots on baking sheet about an inch apart and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 12 - 15 minutes on the other side.
- Garnish with more sea salt and dip of choice.