Level up your appetizer game with this homemade whipped feta dip. With a thick and creamy texture, endless dipping possibilities, and only requiring 3 main ingredients, it's an easy snack your family and friends will love.
Why You Will Love this Whipped Feta Recipe
This dip checks all the boxes for me. It's simple and easy, made in a blender for easy clean up, and is consistently a crowd pleasure with its salty savory flavor and light and cream consistency. It hasn't steered me wrong yet and I bet you'll find yourself adding it to the happy hour rotation time and time again too.
Whipped Feta with Honey Ingredients and Substitutions
- Feta - The star of the show. Use crumbles and either reduced fat or full fat will work. If you use reduced fat, you may need to add a splash of liquid to help attain that creamy consistency.
- Greek yogurt - This is the secret ingredient. It adds extra creaminess to the dip without overpowering it so the feta flavor still shines through. Any yogurt will work in this recipe as long as it's plain and unsweetened.
- Olive oil - You can use any neutral oil like avocado oil. This adds a boost of savory flavor.
- Milk - Any type of milk or even water can be used as this recipe requires a minimal amount. The milk is only used to help thin out the dip if needed.
- Honey - This is used as a garnish but really levels up the dip so I don't recommend skipping it.
How to Make Whipped Feta
Step 1 : Blend. To the base of a food processor or blender add the ingredients except for the milk and blend until well combined. You will need to stop the machine a few times to scrape down the sides. Continue this process until the dip is thick with no large chunks.
Step 2 : Add the milk. While the food processor is running, add the milk in small splashes until you reach your desired consistency. It should have a light and airy feel to it.
Step 3 : Serve! Transfer the dip to a shallow bowl, garnish with a sprinkle of olive oil, red pepper flakes, and honey, and serve with desired toppings like crackers, carrots, and apples.
How to Store Honey Whipped Feta
Store the whipped feta in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for up to 5 days. As it chills it will thicken up quite a bit so I recommend letting it sit at room temperature to soften up before serving again.
- A high speed blender or food processor is necessary. You need something with a sharp enough blade and power to whip air into the hard cheese.
- Don't skip the greek yogurt. You may be tempted to omit it but I promise, it's what makes this dip super light and creamy.
- Serve with a variety of finger foods to dip with so everyone can enjoy the dip. I like to use a cracker and always have a vegetable like carrots or celery.
Honey Whipped Feta Dip Variations
- Add some cayenne pepper to the whipped feta dip for extra spice.
- Whip 2 tablespoon pumpkin to the feta mixture for a pumpkin twist.
- Top the dip with roasted tomatoes or mushrooms.
- Drizzle hot honey and pistachios pieces on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
You probably added too much oil or milk. You can salvage the dip by adding more feta cheese.
You may not have used a high speed blender that's powerful enough. You want something with a strong blade and powder to break down the hard feta cheese.
Check out these recipes for more appetizer fun:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
More The Fit Peach Recipes You Will Love
Whipped Feta Dip
- 12 oz feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup greek yogurt - plain and unsweetened
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon milk of choice
- honey - to garnish, optional
- red pepper flakes - to garnish, optional
- items to dip with (crackers, carrots, apples, etc.)
- Add the feta cheese, greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Stop the machine every now and then to scrape down the sides. Continue this process for about 3 minutes until you reach a thick consistency with no large chunks of feta.12 oz feta cheese crumbles, ½ cup greek yogurt, 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- While the blender is running, add the milk in small splashes until the dip is running smoothly in the machine. It should look light and airy.2 tablespoon milk of choice
- Transfer the dip to a shallow bowl or serving dish. Garnish with a sprinkle of olive oil, red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of honey and serve with a few items to dip with.honey, red pepper flakes, items to dip with (crackers, carrots, apples, etc.)