This nut-free granola recipe is the definition of warm and cozy. With hints of warm maple and specks of sea salt, you'll want to grab a bowl and a fuzzy blanket and head straight to the couch! Each crispy cluster is golden brown perfection. It's easy and simple to make right in the oven!
Cozy Maple Sea Salt Nut-free Granola Recipe
So I'm most definitely one of granola's number one fans. I'll eat it on top of yogurt, on top of pancakes, and yes, even straight outta the bag by the handful. However, nothing beats a nice simple batch of homemade granola. It's like the best of both worlds, you get delectable granola AND the free smells...ohh the smells. While this maple sea salt granola is baking, it will liven up the room with warm toasty autumn smells. If that doesn't incentivize you to whip up a batch today then I don't know what will.
Nut-free Granola Ingredients
This homemade granola recipe is easily made with just a few pantry staples:
- Gluten-free rolled oats - make sure you use rolled oats and not quick oats. Bob's Red Mill has my favorite extra thick rolled oats.
- Coconut oil - this is what makes the granola that luscious golden brown.
- Vanilla - a little vanilla extract provides a hint of sweetness to our batch of granola.
- SunButter - this is the key to getting those incredible clusters. Any nut butter will work, but if you want to keep this granola nut-free, SunButter is your biggest fan.
- Maple Syrup - the star of the show! Maple syrup sweetens the granola perfectly while giving off some serious cozy vibes.
- Sea Salt - the sea salt is used to accompany the sweetness of the maple syrup and elevate that amazing flavor
How to make homemade maple sea salt granola
- First, we pour the rolled oats into a large bowl and preheat the oven to 400 F
- Next, we add all out ingredients to the mixing bowl (the coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, SunButter, and sea salt. Toss it all together with a rubber spatula until the oats are well coated
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and spread the oat mixture on top, making sure it is fairly even and not in clumps
- Then we bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes, remove the pan and toss with a spatula to turn the granola over, and bake for another 10 minutes
- This granola will look and feel soft as soon as it comes out of the oven, however, as it cools down it will harden and form delicious cluster of yumminess
Check out these other warm and cozy fall treatsPrint
This nut-free granola is the definitions of warm and cozy. With hints of warm maple and specks of sea salt, you'll want to grab a bowl and a fuzzy blanket and head straight to the couch! Each crispy cluster is golden brown perfection. It's easy and simple to make right in the oven!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup SunButter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until the oats are fully coated. Spread the mixture out evenly on a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove the pan from oven and stir the granola, and bake for another 10 minutes until golden. Let cool before serving
Keywords: Nut-free granola, maple sea salt granola, homemade granola, healthy granola