Have you ever dreamed of a world with a healthier version of a warm, fluffy, cinnamon roll? (Me, just about every day for the past 10 years). Well, let me rock your world with these ooey, gooey, oh so fluffy cinnamon rolls made with almond flour and coconut sugar and vegan cream cheese and even more wholesome, natural ingredients. Get your apron and rolling pin out because you most definitely need these in your life!
This is by far one of my favorite recipes on the blog to date. I know I’m biased but oh.my.gosh these are mind blowing-ly amazing. The dough is yeast-free so you can go from cinnamon roll craving to warm deliciousness right on your plate in about an hour. Talk about the perfect morning — wake up on a Saturday, say to yourself ‘I could really use a cinnamon roll right about now’, strap on your apron and get to work, dig in before the weekend even begins to start.
Now, let’s chat about the filling because it’s the best part in my humble opinion. We’ve got actual pecan pieces in there! We add in a little coconut sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup for a luscious, fall-flavored filling. It’s quick and easy to make and all you do is spread it on top of the rolled-out dough. Easy peasy!
How to Roll Healthy-ified Fluffy Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Ahh the scariest part of cinnamon roll baking. Let me in on some of my tips and tricks so you can be a professional cinnamon roll roller (that should really be a title ????)
- Roll out your dough on top of a pre-floured piece of parchment paper (I use tapioca flour or arrowroot starch). Just a light dusting will do!
- Dust your hands and the top of the ball of dough with even more flour (again, I use tapioca flour or arrowroot starch).
- Spoiler Alert — You don’t need a rolling pin to roll out the dough. I know, my grandma is probably gasping right now. If you have one, GREAT! If not, just use the palms of your hands to press the dough out on your parchment paper.
How to Roll Cont...
- Once you’ve spread your filling on top and it’s time to roll it all up, just remember 2 things:
- You want a real tight roll
- The parchment paper is your friend. I pinch the start of my dough and continue to roll using the parchment paper to turn the roll of dough over as I go (you’ll understand this better once you start doing it)
- Lastly, when cutting your roll of dough into actual cinnamon rolls, use a string of floss. Wedge the floss underneath your roll of dough where you want to cut the first roll, bring both sides of the floss up and cross them on top of each other on the top of your roll of dough. Pull each string in the opposite direction to make the cut and boom you’ve got yourself a perfectly cut cinnamon roll!
I’ve been dreaming of a health-ified cinnamon roll for a very long time so I put matters into my own hands and whipped up these babies which are made with all my favorite natural ingredients. It may have taken multiple batches to get it absolutely perfect - we basically lived off cinnamon rolls for a month but I’m not complaining ????.
I’m so excited to share these with y’all and hope you enjoy them as much as we do!Print
MAKE SURE TO TAG ME @THE.FIT.PEACH ON INSTAGRAM OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU MAKE THIS FLUFFY (HEALTHYISH) MAPLE PECAN CINNAMON ROLL RECIPE.