You know that saying, “you’re never fully dressed without a smile”? I’m thinking nachos aren’t fully dressed without guac and queso, do we agree?? I’m talking a pile of guacamole in the center and nacho cheese splattered all over the place. Those are the type of nachos I am talking about.
There is something about finding the perfect chip among the bunch. Equal parts peppers, chicken, guac, and queso. There are only a few of these in the pile so you have to grab them pretty quick. Let’s just say sharing a platter of nachos can really test a friendship. I recommend that you avoid it when possible.
So now let’s talk chips because I know what you’re thinking…’Ansley, aren’t you like a (self-proclaimed) super hard core health foodie… Why are you telling me to eat tortilla chips?’ First, yes, yes I am. Second, these chips are grain-free, paleo-friendly, and baked with coconut oil. I am an advocate for the ‘all foods fit’ mentality.
However, when it comes to chips, there are some amazing health-ier chips on the market that are super delicious. Don’t have these chips I speak of? No problemo, these grain-free nachos would be PERFECT on top of a bed of cut up sweet potato fries ????. Simply make them yourself or buy a frozen bag of sweet potato fries and voila, sweet potato nachos coming right up!
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Easy Healthy Grain-Free Nachos
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 Sheet 1x
In queso you didn’t know, these nachos are healthy and grain-free and LOADED with all the good stuff. These sheet pan chicken nachos are the perfect protein-rich dish to share with friends (just be sure to grab the good chips before everyone else).
- 1 ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts (approx 10 oz.)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 bag Siete Grain-Free Tortilla Chips (substitute 1 sweet potato cut up into fries)
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 shallot
- 2 avocados
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (optional)
- ½ cup Siete Cashew Dairy-Free Nacho Cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped, optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in skillet
- Sprinkle paprika over chicken breasts and cook in skillet for approx. 3 mins each side until thoroughly cooked
- While chicken is cooking, spread chips out flat on a baking sheet or serving tray
- Heat ½ tablespoon coconut oil in separate skillet
- Cut up ½ both red and green bell peppers and jalapeno into strips, dice shallot, and saute in skillet until tender
- Mash 1 avocado in bowl and add lime juice if using
- Cut the other avocado into thin slices
- Pull chicken (or cut into strips) and layer on top of baking sheet with chips
- Sprinkle peppers, jalapeño pepper, and shallot over top
- Scoop mashed avocado into center or tray and sprinkle the avocado slices evenly
- Heat cashew nacho cheese according to directions on jar and drizzle over top of chips
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and sea salt
Note 1 : If serving for a crowd, wait until you are ready to eat to layer on the toppings over chips
Note 2 : If you want super crispy nachos, bake the tray in a oven at 350 F for about 3 mins with all the toppings
Note 3: Ground beef also pairs well with this recipe in place of chicken (or, in addition to, if you want SUPER loaded nachos).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Grain-free Nachos, Healthy Nachos, Chicken Nachos, Paleo Nachos, Gluten-free Nachos
Leave a Reply